[HELP] Impossible update 10.6.5

M&Mes

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm getting mad.

I finally have my system fully work with 10.6.4; but now, when I try upgrading to 10.6.5 I only have, after booting, an absurd grey-noisy screen: the system seems to work, since if i move mouse, i can see some pixels moving, and also i have keybord audio sounds, but i can't see nothing elsa that screen. This problem is the same that i had when tring to install graphics update 1.0.

My hardware is:

ASUS P7P55-M

Intel core i7 860

4gb dd3 corsair

ATI HD5750

Does anyone know what to do?

Did you try booting in safe mode -x ?

It seems strictly related to your graphics card. Try backing up your kext's and reinstalling them once your finished updating. SL 10.6.4 ATI5000Controller.kext ATIFramebufferkext ATISupport.kext and reinstalling them before reboot using the combo update.

Was reading you needed to have the device ID in the ATI5000.kext perhaps then your overwriting that upon the update...

Keep playing with it you will figure it out. Maybe also [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from tonymac can get you booted up

Did you try booting in safe mode -x ?

It seems strictly related to your graphics card. Try backing up your kext's and reinstalling them once your finished updating. SL 10.6.4 ATI5000Controller.kext ATIFramebufferkext ATISupport.kext and reinstalling them before reboot using the combo update.

Was reading you needed to have the device ID in the ATI5000.kext perhaps then your overwriting that upon the update...

Keep playing with it you will figure it out. Maybe also [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from tonymac can get you booted up

Thank you for answer ;-)

I agree with you, I thin it's all connected to that damn graphic card! Anyway, I can boot with -x, but none of my usb works (exect mouse and keyboard). I'going to try IOUSB kexts from 10.6.4. Yes, I add my device id to ATI5000.kext, but I didn't try to backup these kexts from 10.6.4, I'll surely try.

I'll write again once back home, now I'm traveling 8)

Thank you again, and have a nice night!

Ok I tried and I failed ;-)

That is what I did:

-backup my ATI5000controller.kext, ATIFrameBuffer.kext and ATISupport.kext from 10.6.4 (fully patched and working with QE/CI)

-installed macosx 10.6.5 combo update

-reinstalled old kexts

REsult: is better than ever because now i have a blu screen (instead of a grey "patchwork-like" one), changing its tonality every 4/6 seconds.I googled a little and i discovered that that screen is generally a ATIFrameBuffer fault, so I tried to update only atifremabuffer (I tooked the one from netkas)... nope, same situation.

Then, I tried to update ati5000controller and atisupport, but I kept old working framebuffer... nope, I got a kernel panic saing that he failed loading atiframebuffer.

Then I tried to update ALL the kexts, taking the entire package from kexts.com (they said that they'll work for 10.6.5)... nope, I got the usually grey "patchwork-like" screen.

For now, I reinstalled 10.6.4 from a fresh installation, and have my HD5750 working, but I continue searching/trying more and more.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you to every one who'll answer,

see ya

Marco

I AM A FOOL ;-)

I was reading again your answer, and inside there was the answer.

Just update to 10.6.5 ---> NO KEXT SUBSTITUTION, but only add my device id to ati5000controller.

Then Using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 2.6, reinstalla ATY_Enabler vervet and.

IT WORKSSSSS!!!!

Ohhhh yeah, thank you very much man, and sorry for my mistakes :-P

YESYESYES!

Hi again,

I can't really understand what you are asking me ;-) by the way, aty_init is a kext (an enabler one) used for ati card (so I think) and 'vervet' is for frame buffer (it could be also 'uakari'). You can hand-modify aty_init.kext by changing all 'uakari' into 'vervet', or you can just install the one modified that came with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

I hope it's all clear, for now, have a nice day.

Marco