New Comp, Unresonably hard to get dvd to work

Cjtouhey

8 posts in this topic

Hey just got a new comp after getting annoyed at the crappy hardware on my laptop, but now im having troubles getting this ideneb 1.6/ kalyway dvd working they both refuse to load ideneb goes a bit futher than the kalyway dvd before it gives me the grey apple screen with a stop sign but i was wondering if some one could personaly help me as ive scrolled through pages and pages of this forum trying to find a solution just to find blank and empty thread.

i think the problem either resides either in my chipset which is an Nforce 630a or in the fact that im only using sata connections.

the error message im getting on start up isnt amazingly usefull but when it trys to load the appleNforceata it says found 0

still waiting for root device

any help here would be hot you loverly peeps cheer

boot using flags: -v -x

and some information about your new rig is a MUST!

ok my man rig info:

mobo : msi gf615m-p33 Nforce 630a chip set with built in geforce 7025 vga

processor : amd athalon x2 2.90 ghz dual core supports, sse, sse2 and sse3

ram 2gb

gfx card: asus en9500gt 1gb vram 800mhz clock speed

hard drive: 320 gb sata

dvd drive : sata 22x dvd-ram / dvd+rw / dvd-rw / cdr

realtek alc 888 sound card

heres an atached pic of the read out from -V in -x mode tisnt the best picture but is legible

cheers man

post-467453-1291725702_thumb.jpg

Have you googled "still waiting for route device"?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=still+wai...8678d55fd1ddf9e

yeah tryed googleing it berfore asking here unfortunatly my bios wont let me enable ahci mode for my sata hdd and dvd drive... i apreciate you helping btw tis always nice to have a little assistance when your having trouble :). you know of any sata patches for distros ?

just enabled raid deleted my partition table was a {censored} to get back my windows, tried kalyway diddnt work considering just building a new cheap machine use ide, thanks for your help my man

just enabled raid deleted my partition table was a {censored} to get back my windows, tried kalyway diddnt work considering just building a new cheap machine use ide, thanks for your help my man

NVidia chipset and AMD CPU - you are making things very difficult for yourself.

If you buy a new rig - intel ICH10 chipset (p45) - Intel CPU Core 2 or newer (not pentium dual core.) - AHCI (NOT IDE.) - and try to find a motherboard with a well documented (in the hack world.) NIC and audio codec .. Use the OSx86 Wiki !

a core 2 duo and motherboard with ICH10 shouldn't set you back too much as it's now old stock!

Your 9500 GT GPU should work fine.

D