how SL support for 64-bit programs !?

sparten

13 posts in this topic

hi all

I installed ( OSX 10.6.3 (iAtkos S3 v2) on my PC and I can install 32-bit programs without any problem

but when I try to install adobe after effects CS5 I got this message (Adobe After Effects CS5 is installable only on a 64-bit system)

my processor support for 64-bit already

how can I make my SL running 64-bit programs !?

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 640

You should not have to boot in 64-bit kernel and drivers mode, OS X is not like Windows, it can run 64-bit apps and use up to 32GB RAM in 32-bit mode. Since Tiger 10.4, IIRC. Read this article for more information: http://osxbook.com/blog/2009/08/31/is-your...ow-leopard-k64/

I'm guessing either an issue with the non-vanilla kernel you're using, or your model identifier - there was a model of the Mac Mini that had a Core Solo CPU, and those weren't 64-bit capable. If you see 'Core Solo' in the About This Mac dialog, I'd say there's a good chance that this is why After Effects refuses to run.

attach your ' com.apple.Boot.plist ', please !

maybe there's something wrong with your BIOS !

please check your BIOS and look if ' HPET ' is set to ' 64bit ' !!!

and why you use 10.6.3 and not 10.6.5 ?

CooSee ' Ya

plz look at the pic I attach before . u will find my pc after I installed macosx converted to (mini mac) !! I dont know . is it the normal !? or no ?

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=12139377

and I read this topic and I find mini mac not support for 64-bit programs and many ppl tried many tricks to make mini mac support 64-bit apps but no luck

my question . how to make my pc ( mac pro ) or any mac type support for 64-bit apps !? do I need to change my kernal !? or what !?

and if I install new kernal and it not support for my pc how to back this step ..or do I need to install fresh version of mac !?

- I attach my ' com.apple.Boot.plist

- HPET ' is set to ' 64bit ( but still cant install 64-bit apps)

- I will download the update of SL 10.6.5 and I will write if there is something new

anyway thanks for trying for help

you're welcome,

can you please edit your signature and add your Hardware !

you should download the combo update and make a backup before you Update !!!

10.6.5 Combo Update !!!

to make Backup you can use this, but you've got to install Bootloader on the Backup HD !!!

Carbon Copy Cloner !!!

show us your ' smbios.plist ', should be in the Extra Folder !

and what you've got in ' About this Mac ', please look at the attachments.

CooSee ' Ya

post-305822-1291667725_thumb.png

post-305822-1291667731_thumb.png

You should not have to boot in 64-bit kernel and drivers mode, OS X is not like Windows, it can run 64-bit apps and use up to 32GB RAM in 32-bit mode. Since Tiger 10.4, IIRC. Read this article for more information: http://osxbook.com/blog/2009/08/31/is-your...ow-leopard-k64/

I'm guessing either an issue with the non-vanilla kernel you're using, or your model identifier - there was a model of the Mac Mini that had a Core Solo CPU, and those weren't 64-bit capable. If you see 'Core Solo' in the About This Mac dialog, I'd say there's a good chance that this is why After Effects refuses to run.

screenshotpmdl.png

thnx for trying to help

this is screenshot ( about this mac)

and you r right I read about ( mini mac ) and many ppl tried to use many tricks but no support for 64-bit apps

I still search maybe I can find good trick work for me

but if I installed new kernal can this convert from ( mini mac ) to ( macpro ) or any type of mac support for 64-bit apps !?

and how step back if the new kernal I installed not support for my pc !?

You don't need to change your kernel, and don't confuse yourself reading about what people are doing on real Macs, it will not help you.

You can set your model identifier in smbios.plist.

google "smbios.plist" to learn more, and visit the VoodooProjects forum, Chameleon General board, and read the documentation for the Chameleon bootloader.

Upgrade to Chameleon 2.0 RC5, automatic CPU "faking" was broken in earlier Chameleon releases on my Pentium 4 but works again in 2.0 RC5.

Installer:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

Manual Installation Guide:

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649.0.html

• 2 weeks later...
you're welcome,

can you please edit your signature and add your Hardware !

you should download the combo update and make a backup before you Update !!!

10.6.5 Combo Update !!!

to make Backup you can use this, but you've got to install Bootloader on the Backup HD !!!

Carbon Copy Cloner !!!

show us your ' smbios.plist ', should be in the Extra Folder !

and what you've got in ' About this Mac ', please look at the attachments.

CooSee ' Ya

- I installed the combo update

- I have not ( smbios.plist ) in ( Extra ) folder !

all I have in ( Extra ) folder ( Extensions.mkext ) and folder (extensions) and it include 10 files and ( smbios.plist ) not a one of them

Try booting with macmodel=MacMini2,2 (or other model you need) flag. It should set your mac model to Mac Mini2,2. If it doesn't change mac model, use SMBIOS.plist to set the same parameter. You can find more about SMBIOS editing on Prasys blog. Google.