Your iDevice will randomly and maliciously destroy your data.

rabbit74

5 posts in this topic

As a computer tech, friends and associates often ask me for help solving their tech issues on Max and PC. One thing has become very clear over the years. Your iDevce, whether an iPod, iPad, Macbook, iPhone... is going to one day randomly and maliciously destroy some or all of your data.

Most people buy iDevices because they are nice, easy to use, convenient devices. But very few of those people understand fully how these devices store and manage data. As a result of this not understanding fully one day your iDevice will {censored} out on you or your computer will {censored} out on you and you will try to get your data back off your iDevice. Your computer will always inevitably stop working, break, get corrupted... At which point you will realize that any data, photos, music... you had on your device is completely and totally lost, forever.

I believe that all iDevices should come with a big red sticker on the box that says,

"We at Apple will on occasion, randomly and maliciously destroy your data. Please make sure ALL of your data is backed up in at least 2 places, though 3 would be better."

iPhones and iPads are really nice but they really should come with a warning. So if anyone ever reads this please be advised that these devices are not backups and that any data on them does not really exist except virtually. Can not be recovered and will some day just randomly vanish for no apparent reason and that day is probably today.

Have fun but play safe.

rabbit

As a computer tech, friends and associates often ask me for help solving their tech issues on Max and PC. One thing has become very clear over the years. Your iDevce, whether an iPod, iPad, Macbook, iPhone... is going to one day randomly and maliciously destroy some or all of your data.

Most people buy iDevices because they are nice, easy to use, convenient devices. But very few of those people understand fully how these devices store and manage data. As a result of this not understanding fully one day your iDevice will {censored} out on you or your computer will {censored} out on you and you will try to get your data back off your iDevice. Your computer will always inevitably stop working, break, get corrupted... At which point you will realize that any data, photos, music... you had on your device is completely and totally lost, forever.

I believe that all iDevices should come with a big red sticker on the box that says,

"We at Apple will on occasion, randomly and maliciously destroy your data. Please make sure ALL of your data is backed up in at least 2 places, though 3 would be better."

iPhones and iPads are really nice but they really should come with a warning. So if anyone ever reads this please be advised that these devices are not backups and that any data on them does not really exist except virtually. Can not be recovered and will some day just randomly vanish for no apparent reason and that day is probably today.

Have fun but play safe.

rabbit

Lol yeah no offense but if your saying that i think ever branded piece of hardware should come with that big red sticker, and not to slight you but your being a bit harsh on macs when id say windows is more coruptable and more likley to F up than osx.... i do hate ipads and iphones though and it is commond sense to backup data for everything in more than one place, have you recently had a tradgedy with a peice of apples equip thats made you a bit biased by any chance? i think they should bring back amigas i never had any probs with them

take it easy my man dont let the technology fail get to ya

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Georgie 31

Don't know why you made this post. Data is never safe on any computer of device be it Windows, Aplle or any other one. Any hardware may fail, crash, virus, trozan attacks etc... There are lots of threats.

Even once I accidentally deleted all my data :P;)