Nvidia Quadro NVS 450 iAtkos 10.6.3

d4vinder

15 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Just bought a NVidia NVS 450 - but I'm having issues installing it. The install process completes fine and when I go to boot using the flags -x -v it seems to get stuck after what almost looks like a promising install.

Does anyone have any idea or what options to use when installing iAtkos S3 v2 10.6.3 Snow Leopard with this card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-298708-1290194007_thumb.jpg

I have performed a re-install this time without any drivers and this only using Chameleon 2 RC5. I can boot in to snow leopard with a very basic display.

If anyone can help further, please let me know.

Conclusion:

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GFX FOR USE WITH OSX

I spent a lot of money on it, there is no help anywhere for using it with OSX - If anyone wants to purchase it for use Windows (works flawlessly), please contact me via PM.

Looking at wikipedia i can see this info about the card:

NVS 450 2560×1600 PCI-Express ×16 4× DisplayPort 4 35 2× G98

and the G98 chip is supported but you might want to look at how you make cards like the GeForce 9800 GX2 to work... i do belive you have to use efi string and you will no be able to get the boost that the build in sli on the card gives in windows but it will be able to run as 2 single cards...

There are some strings here: http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...&thread=569 but know this... They can not be convertet on snow leopard you need a leopard to do that but you can just use a virtual leopard installed in virtualbox or vmware for it... :)

Looking at wikipedia i can see this info about the card:

NVS 450 2560×1600 PCI-Express ×16 4× DisplayPort 4 35 2× G98

and the G98 chip is supported but you might want to look at how you make cards like the GeForce 9800 GX2 to work... i do belive you have to use efi string and you will no be able to get the boost that the build in sli on the card gives in windows but it will be able to run as 2 single cards...

There are some strings here: http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...&thread=569 but know this... They can not be convertet on snow leopard you need a leopard to do that but you can just use a virtual leopard installed in virtualbox or vmware for it... :(

Hi Many Many thanks for the feedback.. but I really am a noob to GFX stuff. If you could provide me a Step by Step guide I would be very greatful.

You must update to 10.6.5 and install the latest drivers from nvidia for Geforce 4xx support.

The 450 works, I've seen screenshots.

Read this thread, start around page 50, which is from around when the new drivers came out.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=214219

I think you are talking about the GTX series and not the NVS. Seems to be totally different fromthe card i have.

Why didnt Anyone tell me that the /Extra file is a hidden file and that I would have run a terminal command to "Veiw All Files" ..

Open Terminal.. type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

killall Finder

That should allow you to see the hidden /Extra Folder and start amending - I will try the stuff out again.