iAtkos 7 won't load after update

colnthefox

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've had iAtkos 7 installed for a little while now but it wasn't running as smoothly as hoped so I installed the latest Mac OSX combined update - now when the computer loads, it gets past the loading screen but doesn't launch Finder meaning I only have a bright blue screen.

Can anyone else?

Thanks

Hello,

I've had iAtkos 7 installed for a little while now but it wasn't running as smoothly as hoped so I installed the latest Mac OSX combined update - now when the computer loads, it gets past the loading screen but doesn't launch Finder meaning I only have a bright blue screen.

Can anyone else?

Thanks

Graphic Card?

Are you using the DVI port? if you are, are you using a DVI cable on it? how about switching to VGA cable and putting a DVI to VGA on the DVI port?

Nope, just VGA to VGA - that's the way I've always done it.

My thought was that it just installed some components that I may have to delete. Basically, Logic 9 was running slow so I accepted the update in the hope that it would make it run quicker.

The OS can load up when booted in safe mode.

When I loaded up in verbose mode, it looked like it was my video card causing the problems so I removed my video card kexts in case it was them but still not loading up properly. Easy to replace them anyway.

Am I best looking to find out what components where installed in the last update, figuring out where they were saved to and removing them one by one?