Snow Leopard Install

petemaxi

14 posts in this topic

Hi All

I'm Pete. I have been trying for 3 days now to install Snow Leopard on my i7 PC. It has a Lan Party Jr X58 T3H6 MoBo with an NVidia 220 1GB Graphics Card.

I have used five different boot CDs to try and get it to install, but they all freeze at exactly the same point.

I can partition my drive, customize the install and click "install". It starts installing, copies over about 2GB of files, then just stops dead.

I've tried every boot option, BIOS settings and boot CD.

I would be very grateful for your thoughts and tips on resolving this frustrating problem.

Thanks in advance,

Pete.

Hi All

I'm Pete. I have been trying for 3 days now to install Snow Leopard on my i7 PC. It has a Lan Party Jr X58 T3H6 MoBo with an NVidia 220 1GB Graphics Card.

I have used five different boot CDs to try and get it to install, but they all freeze at exactly the same point.

I can partition my drive, customize the install and click "install". It starts installing, copies over about 2GB of files, then just stops dead.

I've tried every boot option, BIOS settings and boot CD.

I would be very grateful for your thoughts and tips on resolving this frustrating problem.

Thanks in advance,

Pete.

hi

i am no genius but did you tryed after changing sata mode ? have you tryed -v mode ?

Yeah, AHCI mode, HPET 64 bit and tried -x and -v and both. Made no difference.

Have tou tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd?

Have tou tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd?

I've tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], Pirate Boot, Empire EFI, Legacy Boot and Free Boot. It stopped after a couple of minutes on them all.

Ciao A tutti.

Io vorrei installare SL sul mio pc e infatti ho preso il dvd originale, ho preso anche una chiavetta ora cosa devo fare?

Ho provato giá a installarmi la versione di itkaos ( e quando vado a installarlo che fa il boot dal mio lettore dvd esterno mi fa vedere il disco pero col logo di windows) e con quello di hazard mi dice system not found sapete il solito errore come se nn trovassi la destinazione del boot o il percorso. Non so magari voi mi potete aiutare a installarlo ho provato ad andare su cartri per scaricarmi un bios moddato ma non c'é la mia versione di bios.

P.S. Ho configurato nel bios i sata come ahci.

Ciao A tutti.

Io vorrei installare SL sul mio pc e infatti ho preso il dvd originale, ho preso anche una chiavetta ora cosa devo fare?

Ho provato giá a installarmi la versione di itkaos ( e quando vado a installarlo che fa il boot dal mio lettore dvd esterno mi fa vedere il disco pero col logo di windows) e con quello di hazard mi dice system not found sapete il solito errore come se nn trovassi la destinazione del boot o il percorso. Non so magari voi mi potete aiutare a installarlo ho provato ad andare su cartri per scaricarmi un bios moddato ma non c'é la mia versione di bios.

P.S. Ho configurato nel bios i sata come ahci.

I'm very sorry, but I don't understand a word of that, English is my only language!

What does the Installer.log ( within the installation ) say ?

BIOS current ?

CooSee ' Ya

BIOS is the newest.

Installer just says xx Minutes to go and gets stuck there with the progress bar a couple of cm long. The installer does copy some file over, then stops.

Installer just says xx Minutes to go and gets stuck there with the progress bar a couple of cm long. The installer does copy some file over, then stops.

Not the installer ! i don't know on which menu within the installation, but you can open the " Installer.log ", before you do

anything else and choose to show all.

maybe the log will show you, whats going on.

are there any kind of IDE Hardware in your Case and if you've got only SATA then you should ' deactivate ' all things that

have to do with IDE !!!

you should deactivate Firewire, too !!!

good luck :D

CooSee ' Ya