ATI 9800 Pro Callisto and QE/CI

8 posts in this topic

So, I've made it though the initial installation for the Callisto drivers and I have the system running 1200X1600 which is great, but I don't seem to have QE or CI support...and I'm not sure what they do, but since everyone is talking about them, I would suspect that they are good to have. Has anyone got this configuration running?

thanks

Regarding your graphics card, here is what you need to dig up:

If you have an AGP Card you will need the AGPGart patch as well as the Koverg and Callisto patches.

Here's a break down of the patches:

Callisto - Custom Refresh Rate & Resolution

Koverg - Enable QE/CI

AGPGart - Required for AGP Cards

OK, so I got QE/CI working from the Callisto Instructions...but I can't seem to find the AGPArt files. I know I saw them somewhere along the way, but I can't find them now. I hate to ask, but could link the location?

OK I'm getting closer. I found this thread plop which lists like 8 drivers, and I think that I want to use the

AppleI386PCI (AGPGart for Intel):

This is the AGPGart driver for Intel provided by Tom H. It gives OpenGL gains, DVD playback and faster UI drawing, but still no QE/CI. Those are results for X1000 ATI cards... See Tom's post here.

AGPGart light (for intel ot other non-amd64 chipsets:

This is a very light version of my driver, the only thing it does is setting your card to 8X rate (4X for AGP2.0 boards), and showing as AGP of course. You can play with it to set fastwrites or change rate to 4X if you want, the source is included as always. This still doesn't improve the UI performance. Current registers configuration is the same for all chipset that follows AGP3.0 and AGP2.0 specs, which means every chipset will work, no matter if it's an AMD or Intel platform.\

I'm just not sure which...can you offer a suggestion?

thanks

They're used for graphics acceleration, especially related to transparency, motion video, and scrolling windows. I'm sure it's used for more than that, but until you can get QE/CI working, you won't be able to get Final Cut Pro or DVD Player to work (to my knowledge)

Koverg is only for Radeon x1600 cards
You're confusing Boris Badenov and John Koverg. Boris figured out the x1600 patch, Koverg figured out the QE/CI patch for all sub-X1000 level (aka 9550 to x850) cards.