help with graphic card to osx 10.5.2

Noam AA

8 posts in this topic

hey there all osx86 community

i discovered this project just for a couple of weeks and im interesting on building my hackintosh

my current hardware:

MB : P5K-SE

CPU: Quad - Q6600

3 GB RAM

And i have RME HDSP 9632 sound card

And PowerCore MK-2 PCI

i have found out that on my current hardware i can run only 10.5.2, because my RME have problems with newer versions

I have a PowerColor ATI Radeon 5450 HD card and i found out there is no support for it on any of the OSX

Now my problem is that this version of the OSX is old, and so does all the information on the osx86 wiki, most of the cards there are old and i can't buy them, so i wanted to ask if there is any card that would fit to my hardware/software

one more thing is that i want to run logic on this hackintosh if it helps

Thanks in advenced! any help will be great

hey there all osx86 community

i discovered this project just for a couple of weeks and im interesting on building my hackintosh

my current hardware:

MB : P5K-SE

CPU: Quad - Q6600

3 GB RAM

And i have RME HDSP 9632 sound card

And PowerCore MK-2 PCI

i have found out that on my current hardware i can run only 10.5.2, because my RME have problems with newer versions

I have a PowerColor ATI Radeon 5450 HD card and i found out there is no support for it on any of the OSX

Now my problem is that this version of the OSX is old, and so does all the information on the osx86 wiki, most of the cards there are old and i can't buy them, so i wanted to ask if there is any card that would fit to my hardware/software

one more thing is that i want to run logic on this hackintosh if it helps

Thanks in advenced! any help will be great

The problem is that the newer graphics cards (>= nvidia series 9) needs almost 10.5.6

In 10.5.2 only nvidia 8 series works (6 an 7 are working, but with poor performance). Also some ATI are working (i.e. 2400XT, 2400Pro, 2600XT etc) but with problematic installation for a new hackintosh user.

9800GTX+? but update to SL, your machine can handle it, most likely.

His system support SL, but not the sound card that works only with 10.5.2

RME HDSP 9632 sound card

"i have found out that on my current hardware i can run only 10.5.2, because my RME have problems with newer versions"

The user is interested to works with RME HDSP 9632, not only to install Mac OSX.

The graphics cards that I have suggested are for Leopard 10.5.2 (Nvidia series 8).

Thanks Giorgio_multi you've been very helpful

so, i found a list of 8400GS with all kind of menufactors, asus, gigabyte, sparkle. Palit

Here is the list- http://www.zap.co.il/models.aspx?sog=c-gra...db112601=759728

it in hebrew but you can just look at the name to tell me which one is the best for me

note that this is the only card from the 8 series that i have found with multiple menufactors

i have found 8500GT 8600GT and 8600GTS from Leadteak, but i hate this compeny, i bought in the past a couple of junk hardware

thanks again for your help!

try the radeonhd.kext for 10.5.x

that might work for you.

Perhaps only change resolution, not QE/CI (that are very important).

Thanks Giorgio_multi you've been very helpful

so, i found a list of 8400GS with all kind of menufactors, asus, gigabyte, sparkle. Palit

Here is the list- http://www.zap.co.il/models.aspx?sog=c-gra...db112601=759728

it in hebrew but you can just look at the name to tell me which one is the best for me

note that this is the only card from the 8 series that i have found with multiple menufactors

i have found 8500GT 8600GT and 8600GTS from Leadteak, but i hate this compeny, i bought in the past a couple of junk hardware

thanks again for your help!

If you can, buy a 8500GT or 8600GT. There are also many 8800GT used to low price (try to ebay)

8400GS can have some issues.

try the radeonhd.kext for 10.5.x

that might work for you.

can anyone confrim that? i don't think even to try as when i googled i didn't find ANYONE who solved my problem and the problem for almost the entire ati 5xxx series

Perhaps only change resolution, not QE/CI (that are very important).

If you can, buy a 8500GT or 8600GT. There are also many 8800GT used to low price (try to ebay)

8400GS can have some issues.

thanks again you have been very helpful

the 8600GT i found are

ASUS GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB

EVGA GeForce 8600GT DDR2 512MB

which one do you think is the best?

and again thanks a milion :)