USB device, works on Mac, doesn't on Hackintosh

giumbolo

3 posts in this topic

Hi there, I've a problem which I'd like could be discussed the most generic way.

Scenario.

I have a iATKOS S3 v2 (Snow Leopard 10.6.3), on which I want to install a wifi dongle, DWL G122 ver C1. Having already tried different iATKOS choices, I've put the dongle on a true SNOW Leopard 10.6.4. where it gets recognized immediately.

What I would like to understand is, how could one reckon which kext is being loaded on the Mac? And how can one transfer the working kext from the mac to the Hackintosh?

I think that, a clear, although general discussion of this topic, could boost the users experience and eventually help increasing the value of what the users of this forum could feed back.

Thanks for reading

Elio

What I would like to understand is, how could one reckon which kext is being loaded on the Mac? And how can one transfer the working kext from the mac to the Hackintosh?

Thats not the point, the kext is there, its not loaded, cause it is not held needed to be loaded.

1. try to boot with the dongle

does a usb-stick mount at your computer ?

2. if it does not, check usbmassstorage.kext ( ANV has written one, which recognizes more)

3. or rewrite your DSDT in case of all USB subjects

Thanks Westwaerts, in my Hackintosh, the dongle loads but doesn't work. The driver is then saying "no card is present".

But, could you please, be so patient to explain in general terms what " rewrite your DSDT in case of all USB subjects" actually means? I'm a good will guy, akeen at studying, but I've not found a document to understand how to rewrite e DSTD and a bit of theory enough to start experimenting.

I understand that I'm likely to ask a big work. But if such a document doesn't exist on this site, it would be a great add-on.

I will appreciate, also, links to documents which could help me understand this matter, if nyou know of any.

Thanks again

Elio