getting ready to install..edit** OK NEED HELP GUYS**

evlspcmk

6 posts in this topic

ok computers all set up and deadmoo is on its way so tell me what you guys think

average sorta case

pentiumn D 3.0ghz

1gb ram and {censored}

navidia 6600 pci

asus mother board holding it all together

dvd durner

80bg hdd

should i have a problem with this?

also i heard deadmoo is different to a normal boot disk can you guys shed some light onto this for me

cheers in advence :(

deadmoo is fairly old. Since you're on an intel chip you can run 10.4.7 (deadmoo is 10.4.1 I believe). Run a search for Jas, and grab the install DVD.

Also, do you have an SATA hard drive? if so, what's your mobo chipset? If you have a sata hdd you might have to spring for an external usb hard drive, as sata support is quite scarce.

sorry its an intell chip set on the mobo any yea i was planing on runing it on a sata HDD. so USB external you say will be good?

well i only read the stuff on www.i-hacked.com and didnt do much homework on new updated as im mac-retarted as i put it

since im allready at 90% on deadmoo ill see how that goes before i start on Jas. whats does jas have that deadmoo dosnt?

any way thanks for all your help i realy aprechiate it

ok had a look for Jas and could i just use a external HDD for the deadmoo install then update it from that to the latest?

i see the jas update is only like 95mb and im not too keen on getting the 4gb one just yet.

ok i dont care about double posting so i hope you can live with that

having a spot of bother as to say i got the maklartiger iso burnt it and checked it had the right stuff.

put it on a old 20gbhdd untill my new one gets here. boot it all up darwin runs fine then i go to the grey apple thing, the wheel spins and i dont hear any noise form my DVD rom so i know something isnt quite right, and after a couple on minutes a little circle with a cross through it pops up on the apple logo. thing still spins and all but nothings happening.

i do also have an audigy2 card is that a problem. im using a ide hdd not sata like suggested, will test soon with a USB HDD but please give me some advice guys

You're probably getting a 'still waiting for root device error' if your dvd isn't spinning. hit F8 at the prompt and enter -v as a flag, this will show you what's really going on.

If the above is true, try toying with your jumper settings, set the cd drive to master on the primary, slave on the primary. Also make sure to actually set the jumper, as leaving it on cable select doesn't always work. If it's on cable select right now set it hard to whatever you are and start there.