Is Windows 7 64-bit GUI-Less Possible?

alvin777

3 posts in this topic

Hi. Is it possible to get rid of the the components of Windows 7 to make it GUI less. It'll only run one program for example Crysis or Crysis 2. I was wondering if you strip it off it's GUI and other things that's not needed to run Crysis or games, it would be faster? It'll be a computer running Crysis only or for gaming only. Thank you in advance.

Gbu.

Well, in a way, yes. This can cause some unexpected problems though, as certain things won't load that may be needed. For instance, will software running game controllers load? Who knows, but it's worth a shot. Here's what you do.

In the registry, change HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell value with the program name and path.

Not certain this will workout with Crysis, but it's worth a shot. By the way, I would recommend setting up a second user account before doing this, in case it doesn't work out, then you should be able to log in to the other account to change it back.

I would think its relative to what type of computer components you have. If you have a DATA RAM DRIVE First 4Gb's free (X58 can support 24 gb's of ram) or RAID 0 with SSD's then obviously the game will load so incredibly fast that your overclocked CPU will have to max a few cores. And if what you were doing might even have your graphics card pinned with pots running current straight to your FETS with a cyclone or two trying to keep the temps at near boiling.

Turning stuff off on Windows 7 won't get you as much milage as overclocked components.

But this is the SITE TO LEARN whats possible