Snow Leopard Resets Time in Windows

ZTC142857

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Finally I've got almost everything working, but every time I boot into Snow Leopard with Boot Think (Chameleon doesn't work for me), the next time I boot into Windows 7, I find that the time is set back exactly 8 hours.

BTW, I've solved the CMOS reset problem using a kext fix, I don't know if this is in any ways related to the problrm.

The time zone is Beijing-China.

Many thanks~

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5500 @2.80GHz

Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 9500GT

lol thread of the number people.

Pi: be careful when linking to 3 year old threads, more often than not there are better solutions available.

ZTC1/7:

In OS X, set your locale to Reykjavik, Iceland, disable online time-synchronization and set the time manually.

Reboot, enter BIOS and make sure the time is correct.

Done.

The problem with fixing this on the Windows side is that OS X will still cause the timeshift in your PCs BIOS.

BIOS time not matching Windows time causes issues with several Windows apps, such as antivirus programs.

Therefore it is better to fix it on the OS X side with the 'Reykjavik' method. No more timeshift in the BIOS.

Also, you should be using a modern bootloader like Chameleon 2.0 RC5 instead of BootThink, which is not being worked on anymore AFAIK.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

If you're using it because you like the way it looks, just use this theme with Chameleon:

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,62.0.html

IMHO NTP is quite easy to set-up. Set-and-forget I'd say.

Right but NTP doesn't take care of the BIOS time, which will still be wrong. This causes problems in Windows, some apps will "know" that the time is wrong because BIOS time and Windows time don't match. You're going to see weird things happening with Windows Live Mail, Antivirus programs, calendar apps.

The "RealtimeIsUniversal" registry edit would be the best solution if it actually worked.

P.S. it is PR not Pi ;)

Heh. Pi is pronounced like "Pie", so that would make it "Pie-R".