ga x58 ud5 owners

animani

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Here again trying to sort my problem out.

The question is simple is there anyone with that mobo GA X58 UD5 into audio creation willing to help me reporting something that it does not work in my rig? My card is working just fine until I open Logic and try to work below 1024 latency option. With any other will cause millisecond audio cuts which are not inside my daw but from my sound card out as it does not record those cuts.

I have been working with it for a long time by now but I need to fix this as the more instruments I got in a project the worst the latency is for playing my keyboard.

I get the same using core audio drivers only so it has to be something related to the ram, mobo itself or graphic card at the weirdest.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Come on guys don't tell me no one with such board has read this thread.

I need someone with this mobo to tell me his specs in order to buy extra components to get it to work properly didn't you need help anytime?

Thanks in advance.

i pm'd you about it, but i just thought id add here... what sound card are you using? just the onboard one? motherboard sound cards are not capable of low latency recording and working with logic, you need dedicated hardware. I'm using an apogee duet.

i just read another thread of yours and saw the motu... so my next question is, which method of install did you use?

err... for osx i mean. you use digital dreamers guide? thats what i followed, worked like a charm... I was also using an ati 4870 which wored fine too... are you using the onboard firewire? you could try a pci firewire card, i was running one for a while, definately felt better than the onboard one.

i pm'd you about it, but i just thought id add here... what sound card are you using? just the onboard one? motherboard sound cards are not capable of low latency recording and working with logic, you need dedicated hardware. I'm using an apogee duet.

i just read another thread of yours and saw the motu... so my next question is, which method of install did you use?

err... for osx i mean. you use digital dreamers guide? thats what i followed, worked like a charm... I was also using an ati 4870 which wored fine too... are you using the onboard firewire? you could try a pci firewire card, i was running one for a while, definately felt better than the onboard one.

Hey thanks for the response mate. I have tried iatkos 7 and I think I followed Dreamers once but not sure if I did correctly.

Cheers