Removing Windows and installing OSX

samzorz

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I currently have a windows 7 PC and I would like to uninstall it and reinstall osx using install disc found on my macbook pro case. I was going to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] etc. any suggestions or tips would be appreciated

Thanks.

Sam

I don't know how I can say this more clearly, you can't use that disc, it will only work on the Mac that it was sold with.

Are you certain? I installed with an upgrade disc and it didn't check. I then used that same disc to install to a mini and it wanted to see my Leopard backup. Judging from that, it would seem that the boot disc hacks the installer disc to function as a normal disc.

Are you certain? I installed with an upgrade disc and it didn't check. I then used that same disc to install to a mini and it wanted to see my Leopard backup. Judging from that, it would seem that the boot disc hacks the installer disc to function as a normal disc.

Gringo Vermelho is correct. You seem to be talking about a "Retail Upgrade DIsc"

He is talking about a "Restore Disc" that is specific to a Macbook Pro. :(