Kernel Panic. PLEASE HELP!

kaswistry

5 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

I just installed iDeneb 10.5.7 on my DV2000 laptop using the configuration I found on this webpage:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/f200/113329.htm

However, I noticed that sometimes (not always), I experience a Kernel Panic whenever I boot up my laptop.

An image of the KP is attached below.

post-535339-1284199374_thumb.jpg

Please help me understand why I'm getting this KP and how do I fix it.

THANKS ALOT MASTERS! :wacko:

Hello Everyone!

I just installed iDeneb 10.5.7 on my DV2000 laptop using the configuration I found on this webpage:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/f200/113329.htm

However, I noticed that sometimes (not always), I experience a Kernel Panic whenever I boot up my laptop.

An image of the KP is attached below.

post-535339-1284199374_thumb.jpg

Please help me understand why I'm getting this KP and how do I fix it.

THANKS ALOT MASTERS! :)

do u have FakeSMC.kext installed ? .. if not then try to install it

That's very bad and totally random advice, installing fakesmc.kext will probably only make matters worse.

He's using a 10.5.7 distro which means he already has DSMOS.kext or AppleDecrypt.kext installed.

The screenshot clearly shows that the panic is related to wireless ethernet (thread: airportd).

OP: Why did you post this in the Snow Leopard sub forum?

Try disabling the wireless (or replace it - as the author of the guide you followed did).

I'm really sorry. I did not notice that it was in the SL forum. My bad there.

Actually, prior to the Wireless Card Im using right now, it was actually an Intel PRO but it wasnt mac compatible so I went ahead and I changed it to this one (which it is).

@Biso

Nope, I do not have FakeSMC installed

@gringo

Nope, dont have that installed either but I will try and install AppleDecrypt and Disabler (two things I accidentally left out)

Also, Im currently using Azzalia right now and while I do have audio out, I do not have audio in. As far as I know, its the only missing part of my osx86 install. Would you happen to know how to fix it? Here are the details of what Im using:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_103C30B2&REV_1000

Thanks alot!

Nope, dont have that installed either but I will try and install AppleDecrypt and Disabler (two things I accidentally left out)

If you can boot into OS X at all, and you don't have AppleDecrypt or FakeSMC installed then you have DSMOS.kext installed.

Same thing goes for the disabler - if you're not using it now and you can boot into OS X then you don't need it.

Don't worry about it - but if you must - take some time to google those kernel extensions so that you can figure out what their purpose are - don't just randomly throw kernel extensions at a problem, that's just going to make it worse.

Actually, prior to the Wireless Card Im using right now, it was actually an Intel PRO but it wasnt mac compatible so I went ahead and I changed it to this one (which it is).

That's all well & good but the fact remains that your kernel panic is related to your wireless ethernet.