Help please with networking

Konami®

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying to connect my hackintosh with windows pcs and I can't here some pictures of the error:

1qz7.th.png

2be6.th.png

it say that I have to fix an alias that is called "corp" but that is the workgroup, what is going on?

by the way I'm new to macs :D

Generally, the way I connect my Mac and my PC is by either enabling Windows Sharing in the OSx Sharing prefs, and then connecting via "RUN" in Windows,

OR

In Windows going to the command prompt, typing "ipconfig", seeing what my IP Address is, and then connecting to it like:

smb://192.168.1.100/Basement <-- Computer network name

in Finder -> Go -> Connect to Server (Apple+K)

The latter method is more secure than the first.

:idea:

• 5 months later...

That doesnt works eather, from windows to mac, it's not a proble, from mac to mac eather but from mac to window thets when problems start

PS: i tried with real mac to mace shore that network whas ok and real mac is conecting without proble

x86 can detect comps in network but can't conect it can iven detect shared folders on windows comps but when it coms time to conct it throw error (Error picture N2 inthis post fers post)

• 3 weeks later...

I just reinstalled OSX and having the same problem. I know there's a way to fix this network problem because I remember doing it before, but have no idea what it was. Does anyone know what the fix was? I found it before on this forum. I'll post it here if I find it again.

Edit:

Found a working fix here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry173191

The fix is for 10.4.6 but it works on my Jas 10.4.8 AMD/Intel

I also tried the 10.4.7 fix but it didn't work.

Edited by BebopBlues