10.6.X for Del Latitue D620

kmand

5 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
<br />What is the best distribution for a Dell Latitude D620. This is a core 2 dual, SSE2 laptop with Intel graphics.<br /><br />I would like to run what ever is the latest 10.6.X that is compatible.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I've just finished installing Kalyway 10.5.1 and it looks great, but no Intel Wireless, Broadcom Enet, or Sigmatel sound. Let me know if you come up with anything. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

im up to 10.6.1 on d620 and everything works. im trying to find how far i can go before having the 10.6.5 issues others are reporting... and i dont want to assume that folks with 10.6.4 are completely fine. but, you can get to 10.6.1 without any issues (as i did today, and am using it now... sound, nic, wireless, display, everything).

i should mention that i dont use/care about sleep, so i cant speak to that, but all else is good.

• 2 weeks later...
What is the best distribution for a Dell Latitude D620. This is a core 2 dual, SSE2 laptop with Intel graphics.

I would like to run what ever is the latest 10.6.X that is compatible.

Use Leppy's Guide to get you to 10.6.3, if you want to go up to 10.6.5 you can but you will need a few things.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t178411.html

First off, extract the bcm4311.kext from the install CD along with the airport.kext's you will also need a copy of kext Helper (google it and you'll find it). Once you've installed 10.6.5 and got the wireless back up and going, the only thing that doesn't work properly is Sleep.. so Disable it and your done. It is the simplest install for SL ever, everything works and sit back and enjoy.