Anyone Experiencing A Memory Leak With Azureus

Technobob

6 posts in this topic

I finally installed OSX on my Bit Torrent/File Server (Dell Dimension 8300) after upgrading the RAM to 1GB. Without running Azureus I average between 750 - 800 megs of free memory. When I load Azureus it drops to around 700mb which is normal but within 5 minutes I'm down to 10mb free. I was using 2.4.0.2 unibin then I tried 2.4.0.3 B72 a beta version and it slowed the leak to about 15 minutes but it still drops it down to 10mb. Anyone else having the same problem, I don't know if it's just my system or if it's a bug in Azureus. I'm running JaS 10.4.6 with Java updated to 1.5.0_06. I'm looking through Azureus forums but have not found anything yet.

I've stopped using this application because of that very reason, except your is exceptionally high. Are you sure that it's actually using the memory and not cached? In my case, I get about 200mb usage OS X, it also happens in Windows and Linux. it my be something with Java, i dunno... Thankfully, there is uTorrent for Windows and Transmissions for OS X and Linux.

SWT is reporting average 75-100mb and I don't change the default cache of 4mb in Azureus

Azurues is the only BT client that has the features I need in OSX all other clients are just too basic, I'm a heavy power user of BT and need the advanced features

Here is a screen cap of my activity monitor if you can see the problem

post-9016-1154355384_thumb.png

I used to have a different problem with Azureus that caused me to not use it. On two different occasions on my PPC Mac, about 2 days after starting to use Azureus, I would get disk errors. Disk Utility and DiskWarrior could not repair them. I had to reinstall OSX from scratch on a freshly formatted partition. I stopped using Azureus after that.

Azureus is running here about 24/7 without any troubles what so ever.

I used to have a different problem with Azureus that caused me to not use it. On two different occasions on my PPC Mac, about 2 days after starting to use Azureus, I would get disk errors. Disk Utility and DiskWarrior could not repair them. I had to reinstall OSX from scratch on a freshly formatted partition. I stopped using Azureus after that.

How is your performance. I mean when Az is up and running for say 1 week, do opening applications and working with images, GIU interaction lag? I'm asking because look at your inactive memory. that can be used when applications need it. Both Linux and OS X will empty your avilable memory even if you have 3gig of it. It is a problem if appliaction needing the memory doesn't get its requirments and will revert to disk cache (swap).