Photoshop & After Effects CS5

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

12 posts in this topic

It seems recently since I got my 4850 Sapphire (DVI+HDMI+VGA) working in snow leopard (10.6.3) that Photoshop CS5 seems to crash when I begin working on any picture after I import it. It seems to be a known issue with 10.6.3-.4 I just wanted to know if anyone had this problem and/or if they found a solution to it.

After Effects CS5 doesn’t work either it just quits after some time bouncing around in the dock.

I’ve been reading online already and saw that it’s an open gl related issue so it seems in 10.6.3 and .4.

FinderScreenSnapz004.png

If you’ve run into these issues it would help if you could post back.

~Thanks

Remove Cristal Clear Interface, or configure CCI that your PhotoShop & AfterEffects isnt affected :)

well that definetly fixed the photoshop cs5 issue I just uninstalled CCI altgether

as for AE CS5 that still crashes after bouncing in the dock for a few seconds

For more help i need at least your system.log snippet concerning your AE Crash

Hey dude,

I have looked inside the affected dyld.cpp and I have a feeling that there is some kind of problem with reading from a fat file ?, ntfs3g in use ? And I hope u have no AMD and/or legacy kernel running ? 64 bit on ? why not updated to 10.6.4 Do you have Cuda Drivers installed ? that are questions that matters if you need real help..

Heres the part that is talking to us ;)

// if fat wrapper, find usable sub-file
const fat_header* fileStartAsFat = (fat_header*)firstPage;
if ( fileStartAsFat->magic == OSSwapBigToHostInt32(FAT_MAGIC) ) {
	if ( fatFindBest(fileStartAsFat, &fileOffset, &fileLength) ) {
		if ( (fileOffset+fileLength) > (uint64_t)(stat_buf.st_size) )
			throwf("truncated fat file.  file length=%llu, but needed slice goes to %llu", stat_buf.st_size, fileOffset+fileLength);
		if (pread(fd, firstPage, 4096, fileOffset) != 4096)
			throwf("pread of fat file failed: %d", errno);
	}
	else {
		throw "no matching architecture in universal wrapper";
	}
}

according to:

[0x0-0x7a07a].com.adobe.AfterEffects[2962]	  Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS5/Adobe After Effects CS5.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects
[0x0-0x7a07a].com.adobe.AfterEffects[2962]	  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
[0x0-0x7a07a].com.adobe.AfterEffects[2962]			/Applications/Adobe After Effects CS5/Adobe After Effects CS5.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/ICUData.framework/Versions/3.6/libicudata.dylib.36.0: pread of fat file failed: 5

nope no legacy kernel I'm running a q8200 cpu on a gigabyte ep43 mobo in 64 bit mode yes and I'm not using any mtfs 3g volumes or fat 32 volumes the other two volumes I have attached to this computer are two other os x drives one another snow leopard and the other a leopard.

The only reason why I haven't updated to 10.6.3 is because I installed 10.6.3 using the iAtkos S3 distro and I dunno how upgrading distros affect the system but if I can update using the regular software update I would. Just need to know if updating distros directly like that is okay

I verified the disk using disk utility and verified the permissions and everything was OK.

Mhhh iAtkos ;) when u use iAtkos you haven't paid for osx I guess (no problem for me :-)) but I guess too that you also haven't paid for AfterEffects ..., no problem for me too but maybe a problem for Adobe.. ..so try another "k`ed one" xD

and Correct me if I am wrong u have no firewall running (except the apple one ???) baad idea AE is calling home..

Some tips ALWAYS Retail Install, ALWAYS a Firewall (..not the build in), and .. PAY for good software.. hehe :o

Concerning the update: clone the system hit the update button and cross fingers if it wont work you will have a new assignment the next days if u surrender you can roll back the system from the clone.. sometimes a bit tricky, but much cooler than collecting stamps !

lol I'd normally pay for things like this but it being free was too hard to resist =p

and the os x firewall isn't running and I don't have anything blocking it. I might try uninstalling it and downloading it from adobe then installing the tell you how that goes

thanks again teuton

I don't have anything blocking it.

Once again, your fault

little snitch, pfsense from the bsd corner, doorstop or ipfw frontend !

g00d luck