No sound/audio in 10.6.4 on ga-ex58-ud5 since BIOS flash

el_gringo

12 posts in this topic

Hi all, hoping you can help me get my audio up and working on my hackintosh. I have a ga-ex58-ud5 mobo that I just flashed to the latest F12 bios in order to resolve sleep issues. Those are resolved fine, but now I don't have any audio. I have the HDAEnabler.kext installed in /Extra/AdditionalExtensions, and have tried LegacyHDA.kext, put them in System/Library/Extensions, and tried some other things like that, but no luck. I still have no sound, and in system preferences I get the messages: 'no output devices found' and 'no input devices found' despite the fact that I have output devices plugged in (tried headphones, speakers, etc. so not an issue with those).

Can somebody point me in the right direction as to exactly which kexts I should have installed where, which ones I should be sure are NOT installed in certain locations, etc?

Thanks a ton in advance!

Thanks for the reply kup, and you'll have to excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by 'rip the DSDT from the new BIO'. Just upload a copy of the DSDT file in the /Extra directory, or something else? Also, where would the 'old' one be found, just a backup of said file from before I flashed the bios?

Bump, anybody have any other ideas on this? I'm using d00d's DSDT (the one for the 930 i7) and here's a picture of what's in my /Extra folder:

screenshot20100902at110.png

Any kexts there that are conflicting in a way that would cause the lack of sound? Any missing kexts that should be there? Also, does it matter that the folder is titled 'AdditionalExtensions' instead of just 'Extensions'? I get kernel panics when I change the name of the folder and have to rename it back in single user mode......

sounds like you need to make a new dsdt file. I used koala's acpi patcher to make mine. you'll need a windows computer to run the app, and i copy of your bios file. it doesnt have to be done on the same computer you are trying to patch. I've got a guide telling exactly how to use it. I think its for my board, but should done by the same method for yours. Since i cant find the guide again on this site, i'll post it here tomorrow. for now, here's koala's page about the patcher.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=142434

Here's that guide I used to make my DSDT file. It should be pretty similar to making one for your board. I think I found this guide somewhere on this forum; if anyone knows where, please post a link to the OP. If you dont have IORegistryEditer install the developer tools from your OSX DVD.

Building_a_DSDT_for_GA_EP45_DS3L_v1.4.01.pdf

Building_a_DSDT_for_GA_EP45_DS3L_v1.4.01.pdf

thanks for the guide dradis, I'll give it a shot and see what happens. i feel like d00d's DSDT should work fine, but it gives me kernel panics (even when using the correct one for my mobo/cpu).

UPDATE: No dice. I followed the guide as closely as possible (making some adjustments for my different hardware of course) and I still didn't have any audio. It also screwed with my CMOS and screen resolution, but that's neither here nor there.

FIXED!!!! HOORAY!!!!

-Deleted all my various audio kexts from E/E/ and S/L/E/ (legacyHDA, HDAEnabler, AppleHDA, etc.)

-Used Kext helper to install the latest VoodooHDA

-Repaired permissions on the whole disk using disk utility (tons of permissions errors in S/L/E/ incidentally)

-Used Kext Utility to rebuild extensions.mkext

-Rebooted

-Audio working. Huzzah!

Thanks for everyone's help anyways, I appreciate the input.

FIXED!!!! HOORAY!!!!

-Deleted all my various audio kexts from E/E/ and S/L/E/ (legacyHDA, HDAEnabler, AppleHDA, etc.)

-Used Kext helper to install the latest VoodooHDA

-Repaired permissions on the whole disk using disk utility (tons of permissions errors in S/L/E/ incidentally)

-Used Kext Utility to rebuild extensions.mkext

-Rebooted

-Audio working. Huzzah!

Thanks for everyone's help anyways, I appreciate the input.

What audio ports are working? I have the same board, although BIOS v6, and I can only get the front headphone jack working. I would like to use the digital coax output.

thanks, c-mac

• 2 weeks later...
What audio ports are working? I have the same board, although BIOS v6, and I can only get the front headphone jack working. I would like to use the digital coax output.

thanks, c-mac

The rear ones are working for me (haven't tried the front ones). I have my speakers plugged into the pink and green ones on the back mobo panel.