Gigabyte HD 4550 512 VGA who has it working

terramir

4 posts in this topic

Okies,

I cannot get this card working in VGA output (can't find the dvi to vga adapter and my TV is my monitor (no DVI)) always get a black screen, So who has it working and what BOOTLOADER kext and settings are you using and with which version of macOS? Also How far do you have it working QE/CI? open GL? QE2D? Cause right now the only way I can boot is by deleting all the ATI kexts and then just living with no 3D at all. Well this will have to do for now till some genius that really knows what he's doing wants these cards fully working :) , or someone stumbles onto the answer by accident :D

Let me know please.

terramir

Okies,

I cannot get this card working in VGA output (can't find the dvi to vga adapter and my TV is my monitor (no DVI)) always get a black screen, So who has it working and what BOOTLOADER kext and settings are you using and with which version of macOS? Also How far do you have it working QE/CI? open GL? QE2D? Cause right now the only way I can boot is by deleting all the ATI kexts and then just living with no 3D at all. Well this will have to do for now till some genius that really knows what he's doing wants these cards fully working :D , or someone stumbles onto the answer by accident :P

Let me know please.

terramir

Do you have "ATI4500Controller.kext" installed?

And please tell me your system version of Mac. This card should be working since 10.6.2.

Do you have "ATI4500Controller.kext" installed?

And please tell me your system version of Mac. This card should be working since 10.6.2.

yes I had that installed as well as the x2000.kext and I know the card is listed in both (running 10.6.2). problem is it defaults to dvi and adapter to VGA dun work. it loads and then my screen goes blank only recourse is to dump the whole set of ATI drivers in single user mode and reboot with -f and then rebuild my kext cache. I knew that the drivers had this card listed that's why I got it but now I'm stuck :)

Now if I could figure out (need instructions) how to remotely share my desktop on one of my two other hackintoshes (either atom 330 based media center or 1005HAB netbook that one has a 1024x600 res so I dunno does desktop sharing support resizing?) or my leopard based 1.25ghz eMAC (can you remote between versions? I might be able to view what the heck is going on. I suspect that the framebuffer is to blame. MAybe just maybe I could edit it to default to vga instead of DVI if I knew A. how the heck to do that, and B. if I knew what fracking framebuffer this card uses.

Also my third difficulty is that I cannot change bootloaders I have to use the one provided by the gigabyte MacBios project and I dunno if the graphics enabler of the chameleon version they modded supports this card I suspect it does though.

Maybe that is my problem it's by default enabled do I actually need that graphics enabler enabled if my card is listed?

although when I first had these problems I went and reflashed to regular (which meant a bunch of things didn't work properly and used the netkas pc efi beta booter and then the 10.6 version as well both same result no dice it blanks the screen and put's it to snooze.

tried three four more versions without any sucess all did the same thing or even worse garbled my screen even something fierce

Thanks for the response and HELP!!!! Plz I dun really have the money for another videocard :D

terramir

Anybody I really need help I can't find clear cut instructions on how to get this card working, I'm right now temporily running a 7300gt, but that means I'm stuck at 10.6.2, because after 10.6.2 the 7300 dun work. and anyways the radeon HD 4550 is the better video card. Has anyone gotten it working with the VGA output. cause right now all I get is a blank screen when I use this card :)

help Please

terramir