Can't find Broadcom BCM5751 Ethernet kext

WiiGamin

6 posts in this topic

I was able to install 10.6.3 without much fuss and at this point I need to connect to the internet. I can't get any internet setting at all (All my choices are greyed out) so I believe I need a kext for a Broadcom BCM5751 built in ethernet port. The exact model according to the hardware info utility in the OSx86 distro I used is: Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5751 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express.

If someone can please point me in the right direction of the kext I need and how exactly to install it, I'd be very greatful. :D

• 9 months later...
I was able to install 10.6.3 without much fuss and at this point I need to connect to the internet. I can't get any internet setting at all (All my choices are greyed out) so I believe I need a kext for a Broadcom BCM5751 built in ethernet port. The exact model according to the hardware info utility in the OSx86 distro I used is: Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5751 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express.

If someone can please point me in the right direction of the kext I need and how exactly to install it, I'd be very greatful. :P

I am having the same problem here for more than a year now... still no help... tried a lot of options but nothing worked out for me. Hoping that somebody would help...

Gr. Ivo