lenovo 3000 c100: adventures in installing osx86

guyin916

31 posts in this topic

was it a copper wire used for the pin mod? i just realized i used something besides copper. some websites used B16 to C16.... while others suggest C15 to C16.

does your 1.6ghz feel any faster?

i just wanna think ebay sellers have some shady cpu's.. mine had 2 bent pins. it's too late to dispute the charges and the seller is not responding to my emails.

Used copper wire for this one. The mod went in fine, the CPU just can't handle the higher FSB. Some chips just can't do more than their binned speeds and this is one of them.

There are definitely some dodgey CPUs on ebay, the 1.73GHz I had was sold as tested blatently hadn't been. At least the guy refunded my that one.

At stock the 1.6 is definitely faster than the 1.5 celeron. It scores an extra 10 points under Xbench (overall - a 55% to 65%) and gets a 10 second improvement in Super PI. Not to mention that this CPU has speedstep so an increase in battery life and decrease in heat is also noticeable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
I'm trying to get the BIOS taken to pieces at the moment to find out what Mini PCI cards are on the whitelist - it may be possible to add CPU microcodes to the BIOS image.

Apologies for opening up such an old thread, but I wondered if anyone had managed to get a bios update created to allow any wireless card to be used on the Lenovo 3000 C100, or perhaps an app to add card ID's to the Whitelist?

Many thanks!

X10

• 3 weeks later...