apple seeds graphics update

sch8mid

15 posts in this topic

Do you think that we will be able to hack support for mobility 5xxx cards with this source?

mobility is not supported unless Apple release laptop models with ati 5000 series cards.

How would one go about installing these new kexts? Is it necessary first to apply some form of modification to the kext files, or is it merely to extract them from the package and use the kext helper?

I have a HD 5770 and would love to get it run in 64-bit.

No!! I bought a laptop with the mobility 5870 haha, its the last thing I need

yes but if you read what i said if Apple don't make ati 5000 mobility models, you will not get your card running, laptop video cards and power management works different then desktop cards.

How would one go about installing these new kexts? Is it necessary first to apply some form of modification to the kext files, or is it merely to extract them from the package and use the kext helper?

I have a HD 5770 and would love to get it run in 64-bit.

read the hd5770 thread, tmongkol made a edited version of ati.c inside Asere bootloader package, this will alow 64bit booting :)

This is not then, the very kexts that will come with the new Mac Pro?

Your confusing yourself. Goto your thread that match your card or goto netkas.org and it's explained in detail.

tmongkol made a edited version of a bootloader called Asere, he edited ati.c which is inside the bootloader, it allows 64bit booting, go do some reading please.

Your confusing yourself. Goto your thread that match your card or goto netkas.org and it's explained in detail.

tmongkol made a edited version of a bootloader called Asere, he edited ati.c which is inside the bootloader, it allows 64bit booting, go do some reading please.

I did do some reading, and it didn't tell me what I was curious about: with the new Mac Pro out today, the 9th of august, are there other kext than those from the mid-summer-iMac-update that you could use?

I did do some reading, and it didn't tell me what I was curious about: with the new Mac Pro out today, the 9th of august, are there other kext than those from the mid-summer-iMac-update that you could use?

I posted mid update in hd5770 thread.

I posted mid update in hd5770 thread.

Indeed you did, but I was hoping for a more "vanilla" solution now with the Mac Pros coming with HD 5770, hence my query within this topic; because of the graphics update seed to developers, maybe it had something to do with the new line of Mac Pros?