EFI-X maker ASEM claims Chameleon Boot Loader Violates their patent

LTL

6 posts in this topic

This is a quote from ASEM's Wilhelm Vnukov:

" To Apple4ever.

Sorry to be so straight, but you lied about all you wrote here.

EFiX is patented product and unique, more you can read in Computex 2009 and Computex 2010 reports.

Chameleon actually violate any possible laws and patents, including ASEM patents. By the way chameleon copy the ideas all the time from EFiX, started with menu and end up with DVD boot."

LINK

Everyone knows that the EFI-X chip is a scam. If you have any questions please visit efixusers

This guy Russian Georg who changed his name to Wilhelm has now made the claim of the decade. I wonder how Team Voodoo feels about this and everyone who has worked so hard at the heart of this community to build it into what it is today. He is not only using your work and selling it to people, but he is now claiming that you stole it from him.

With all due respect, I leave this to all of you who have worked so hard.

Thank you everyone and I'm so offended by this guys comments, I had to post it here.

Update:

A very informed source of mine has told me that Wilhelm plans to sue the OSX86 lead developers, Apple, and motherboard manufacturers. He is going to claim that all the community work is actually his. He never planned for the EFI-X to be a success, he just needed it to be around long enough so he could get this patent and then go after everyone.

Here is his Patent filed in the USA by Rosenberg, Klein & Lee

Cheers

LTL

How dare they!! I read online that there is proof that EFiX stole kernel extensions from David Elliott's Boot-132, a free and open source boot loader. EFiX stole from the OSx86 community, but now, just to make it look even more innocent, EFiX now claims the Voodoo Team of the OSx86 community had stolen their work. What work...just adding DRM to prevent reverse engineering? If a lawsuit comes up, I hope that we win!!

Guys, just use the logic to beat them.

>started with menu

but such menu we saw first in apple's bootcamp, so fail!

>end up with DVD boot.

DVD boot existed for so long, for example grub supported booting of cd/dvd a way long before some usb stick©

it's hard to beat such arguments so use them..

Guys, just use the logic to beat them.

>started with menu

but such menu we saw first in apple's bootcamp, so fail!

>end up with DVD boot.

DVD boot existed for so long, for example grub supported booting of cd/dvd a way long before some usb stick©

it's hard to beat such arguments so use them..

And that's just the point, they shot themselves in the foot by claiming that community work infringed on their patents. They admit what is in their chip.

And here you go ladies and gents...

Patent application title: Simulating method for loading different operation systems by means of externally connected simulation and a simulation device thereof

Read more: http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090271173#ixzz0vbaxgVD5

THE INVENTOR!

QUOTE FROM WileyC over at efixusers.com EFIXUSERS

Wilhelm filed a patent application last October ( http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090271173 ). The application is poorly written, but I gather that he is attempting to patent USB-key-based booting ACPI parsing.

That covers everything based on boot-132, along with Boot Camp and probably grub2 as well.

I think that the EFi-X's primary purpose was to add credibility to the patent application. They never intended the EFi-X to succeed long-term ... it just had to work long enough for the patent to be granted.

They'll try to kill Chameleon/PC-EFI by claiming patent infringement. After that, they'll start suing BIOS manufacturers. I don't think they're crazy enough to go after Apple, but Wilhelm does tend to think big ...

It seems that his next step will be to file a patent for two sticks of wood and then sue all of China