Help with 10.6.2

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, Sorry if this is the wrong section. So basicly I set up my first hackintosh build with

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P

Intel core2 duo e8400

4gb Pc26400 DDR2 Memory

Ati Radeon 4850

I used the lifehacker guide for the most part. I also used the EP45 Installer by stellas blog V3. Anyways it was up and running great, Every time I do the software updates however they install fine then after restart the bootloader shows up I select my hardrive ect and then I get a blank screen with no signal any tips on fixing this? My goal is to get up to 10.6.4. I am currently on 10.6.0. And click on update software I am assuming it is doing 10.6.2, However I am not sure.

do all your updates first, and keep on booting into OSX using a CD/USB or whatever, then setup your bootloader at the end when everything is finalized, just an idea, not sure if it will work

do all your updates first, and keep on booting into OSX using a CD/USB or whatever, then setup your bootloader at the end when everything is finalized, just an idea, not sure if it will work

That did not work. This is starting to drive me crazy and additional ideas would be much appreciated. I get the feeling that it has to do with my graphics card but I do not know.

That did not work. This is starting to drive me crazy and additional ideas would be much appreciated. I get the feeling that it has to do with my graphics card but I do not know.

Can't you just install updates, then boot with usb/cd and then re-install Chameleon and re-install your graphics kext?

Can't you just install updates, then boot with usb/cd and then re-install Chameleon and re-install your graphics kext?
I am not using chamelon though I used this http://stellarola.tumblr.com/post/23846198...-update-ud3p-v3 I did not have to install any graphics kexts ect if i need to use chameleon is it possible to use it after I do the install and just install it on my hardrive?

Ok, So I managed to get 10.6.2 installed by installing the bootloader to the hardrive after installing the update. Now Whenever I try to get to 10.6.3 I get the no signal problem again which I have figured is because of my graphics card, My question is how do I use my 10.6.2 kext or revert back to it after the update before I do the restart.