Installed but doesn't start

jvpmj

9 posts in this topic

I installed the tiger (jas). But when I start the pc (the boot time is faster than the windows boot time :P ) I see the apple logo but then it gets stuck in bluescreen (probably the wallpaper... or not but I am not sure) and nothing happens. I can move the mouse but can't do anything else. It's probably not a hardware problem because it happens in both of my computers. One is a pentium 4 1.8 ghz and the other is a D920

post-47588-1153672435_thumb.jpg

I've already reinstalled on both pcs

Full specs:

Old pc:

Pentium 4 1.8 ghz "williamete"

Mobo: DFI something

HDD: Maxtor 60gb IDE

512 SDRAM

Geforce FX5200

Recent pc:

Pentium D920 2.8 ghz "Presler"

Mobo: Asus P5WD2 (chipset intel)

HDD: 300gb Maxtor SATA

1gb DDR2

Ati x1600xt

I know there have been some problems with some of the components but the error I get is the same in both computers so it mustn't be a hardware problem. Or maybe I'm wrong :)

From the Intel and AMD stuff I selected SSE2 and SSE3. Maybe more but I can't remember. If it some patching problem I can reinstall with all patches selected and there won't be any problem? (any problem related to installing all the patches even the unnecessary)

From the Intel and AMD stuff I selected SSE2 and SSE3. Maybe more but I can't remember. If it some patching problem I can reinstall with all patches selected and there won't be any problem? (any problem related to installing all the patches even the unnecessary)

Yes, the "unnecessary" patches conflict and cause problems. Select only what actually applies to your hardware.

glad to hear it works for you. Can I ask you a question. How did you set everything up with the partitions? Is your osx partition after your windows? Is the osx partition primary, logical, and is it "active". I had to convert my osx partition which is after my xp, from logical to primary, to be able to set it as "active". But I still cannot boot into osx... When i select mac os x from windows os selector, the screen flickers and returns to the same menu again.... any ideas?