ALC888S on MSI X58 Pro

evilxhwnd

7 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am having an extremely difficult time getting audio to work on 10.6.4. I have a MSI X58 Pro motherboard and according to my motherboard manual, a ALC888S audio chipset. I have attempted patching AppleHDA (along with using LegacyHDA and HDAenabler) and even VoodooHDA. With a patched AppleHDA I have not been able to get audio output and with VoodooHDA (latest i can find from projectosx.com) I get a kernel panic. The only thing I want working is digital out, I don't care for any others (though it would be nice if they worked!) Anyone have any suggestions?

Motherboard

Linux Codec Dump

PinConfigOverrideVerbs from Vista

Just a tip: I was getting KPs with VoodooHDA 0.2.62 as well until I removed AppleHDA.kext from /S/L/E. You should try it, but don't forget to backup your original kexts in case you need them later.

Just a tip: I was getting KPs with VoodooHDA 0.2.62 as well until I removed AppleHDA.kext from /S/L/E. You should try it, but don't forget to backup your original kexts in case you need them later.

Thanks for the tip, but I made sure each time I only used one driver.

Thanks for the tip, but I made sure each time I only used one driver.

into voodoo's info plist ... change IOPCIClassMatch to IOPCIMatch and fill you device-id

this will stop KP

the IOPCIClassMatch scans the "range"

the IOPCIMatch search for the specific device-id

hope i helped you

into voodoo's info plist ... change IOPCIClassMatch to IOPCIMatch and fill you device-id

this will stop KP

the IOPCIClassMatch scans the "range"

the IOPCIMatch search for the specific device-id

hope i helped you

wow, thanks! that actually made it work. It no longer gives me kernel panics and I get audio. Unfortunately, every few seconds it crackles or skips. Any settings I can mess with? I've changed the MIDI settings to 48Hz and 16bit, it's much worse at anything higher.