GMA945 / 950

skezza

8 posts in this topic

Got an AspireOne (great bit of kit, not sure why it hasn't got its own subforum in Netbooks :rolleyes: ). Been installing iAtkos S3 10.6.3 onto it.

I'm slowly getting there, I know a lot of this is about trial and error, I've gone from nothing to something, but I'm just wondering if anyone can explain this for me.

Installing the install with the atom kernel, few other patches (PS/2 keyboard, 32bit boot, USBFix etc). However, when I try to install the graphics card (Intel GMA945/950) using the SnowGMA (or alternative), I always kill the install so I get a blank screen when it boots. Sometimes it gets a blue blank screen which means at least its loading the kernel and interface, but with the SnowGMA package I just get a grey screen (colour of the apple boot screen). I know this will be something simple, I'm just hoping I can get this rocking ;)

Got an AspireOne (great bit of kit, not sure why it hasn't got its own subforum in Netbooks :rolleyes: ). Been installing iAtkos S3 10.6.3 onto it.

I'm slowly getting there, I know a lot of this is about trial and error, I've gone from nothing to something, but I'm just wondering if anyone can explain this for me.

Installing the install with the atom kernel, few other patches (PS/2 keyboard, 32bit boot, USBFix etc). However, when I try to install the graphics card (Intel GMA945/950) using the SnowGMA (or alternative), I always kill the install so I get a blank screen when it boots. Sometimes it gets a blue blank screen which means at least its loading the kernel and interface, but with the SnowGMA package I just get a grey screen (colour of the apple boot screen). I know this will be something simple, I'm just hoping I can get this rocking ;)

I'm not at home right now but when i did my Atkos install I'm pretty sure I used the Graphics Enabler and the EFI string options also the Anval Loader.Let me know if this doesnt work out for you and I can ckeck my exact options when I get home

• 1 month later...

THAT'S WORKED FOR ME ON MY SONY VAIO VPCW12M1E !!! YAHOO !!!

I'm not at home right now but when i did my Atkos install I'm pretty sure I used the Graphics Enabler and the EFI string options also the Anval Loader.Let me know if this doesnt work out for you and I can ckeck my exact options when I get home

• 1 year later...
this worked, my keyboard is not working, but i can fix that. You are are my hero!!!!! I have an Intel HP DV6000 laptop with a GMA945/950 graphics card. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

i need a hero too, for my HP Compaq Mini 100c 1020ST

IntelGMA945GE

0x8086 0x27AE RevisionID 0x0003

will it work for me?