iTunes 9.2 (61) Update causes store to crash?

fowie

7 posts in this topic

iAtkos v7. I've been running great with no problems, and I've even been able to do all of the updates that come along with out any problems until now. I just allowed the iTunes 9.2 (61) update, and now when I try to access the iTunes store, it causes iTunes to crash. Any one had the same experience? How can I debug/troubleshoot this?

iAtkos v7. I've been running great with no problems, and I've even been able to do all of the updates that come along with out any problems until now. I just allowed the iTunes 9.2 (61) update, and now when I try to access the iTunes store, it causes iTunes to crash. Any one had the same experience? How can I debug/troubleshoot this?

I have this happening myself but I have updated to 10.5.8 also. It's also very intermeittent when it happens :-(

I have this happening myself but I have updated to 10.5.8 also. It's also very intermeittent when it happens :-(

I've looked around online and this seems to be a problem with Leopard and iTunes 9.2 (on real macs, not just hackintoshes). I removed 9.2 and reinstalled 9.1.1 (you can google it and get a copy directly from Apple), and it's working now. Who knows if I'll update to 9.2. Maybe when they release 9.2.1, eh?

I've looked around online and this seems to be a problem with Leopard and iTunes 9.2 (on real macs, not just hackintoshes). I removed 9.2 and reinstalled 9.1.1 (you can google it and get a copy directly from Apple), and it's working now. Who knows if I'll update to 9.2. Maybe when they release 9.2.1, eh?

It seems to be happening on snow leopard too. Looks to be a bug in the kernel not in iTunes, looking back at the debugging message.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem.I have iDeneb 10.5.8 Acer Aspire one.Any help would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

same for me - ideneb 10.5.8 . After installed itunes 9.21 itunes crashed as soon as i hit the Store icon.

first solution was in a apple forum to uninstall Flip4mac wmv components, as it has a plugin that is itunes9 incompatible, but it did not help.

So I analyzed the crash log :

It has to do with OpenGL. ( I use framebuffer driver, no QE/CI ) - itunes 9.2.x needs that obviously now to display content in store and not only for coverflow..

I could not found any older itunes version at apple , so I deleted all itunes prefs, the kexts from applemobiledevice,itunes helper and itunes app. in other words totally ripped it out my OS.

Then I used pacifist to open the Leo Install CD and extracted itunes.app from the OSinstall package folder to my Application folder.

So I have back the stock itunes 8 which comes with Leopard. And this one works again like it should[, just coverflow is not available ( although it is in Finder working ) /u].

Now if 9.1 is also ok, would someone post a link ? ( or a link to the latest 8.x release before 9.x came out ) ?