dors0

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, i have successfully installed iATKOS S3 version 2 on my

Dell studio slim 540s computer:

Intel core quad Q8200

Intel integrated GMA X4500 HD

3gb RAM

(i don't think other info is necessary)

i did choose all of the USB fix drivers during the installation.

basically, all of the back USB ports are not working. it was also noticeable throughout installation.

However, the 2 front ports are working. the weird thing is, it cannot be hardware issue since on windows 7 its working fine.

any suggestions?

Thanks

Don't select USB fix of any kind during install. My studio xps usb ports are working fine, all 6 of them. EFI 10.6 bootloader seems to work best with my hardware, but you never know, I am having hell of a time getting wired nic recognized.

Don't select USB fix of any kind during install. My studio xps usb ports are working fine, all 6 of them. EFI 10.6 bootloader seems to work best with my hardware, but you never know, I am having hell of a time getting wired nic recognized.

I faced the same problem and it was fixed by installing Chameleon RC3 and using USBBusFix=Yes flag while booting in 32bit mode.

• 2 weeks later...

idoodle......

For Dell Studio XPS 435MT, it's a Intel Ethernet 82567LF. You need AppleIntelE1000e.kext works for both 32/64. Get it from kexts.com

Don't use Intel Gigabit driver from iATKOS S3.

Let me know if you need more help

Don't select more than one driver/patch/fix that does the same thing. Unless you know what you're doing.

I am facing same issue, I selected that USB fix too, now how do i undo this? i don't want to go for reinstallating the entire thing if there is easy command line fix. please tell me what to remove ;)