How do I restore DSDT.aml file?

5 posts in this topic

Sorry, newbie question.

I was trying to update the DSDT file to get the dual video cards working. I screwed up and it won't boot. What is the best way to get the backed up DSDT.aml file restored to the EXTRA folder? I ended up re-installing off the DVD, but it took 45 minutes to do so. I need to do a bit faster since it will take ma a couple more tries to get it right.

I have Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P boards and I used Kakewalk to do the original install. I was on 10.6.4 when I made the change.

get a flash drive or two, make one stable bootloader, and one for testing. They don't need to be big, usually all they need is under 100mb..

The other option is force the bootloader to use a different dsdt. Usually knowing more than the mobo helps... Chameleon 2, pcefi, BootThink??? What you do is have the normal one,

DSDT.aml

and another in say the root,

TESTDSDT.aml

simple searching should tell you how to force the different dsdt

get a flash drive or two, make one stable bootloader, and one for testing. They don't need to be big, usually all they need is under 100mb..

The other option is force the bootloader to use a different dsdt. Usually knowing more than the mobo helps... Chameleon 2, pcefi, BootThink??? What you do is have the normal one,

DSDT.aml

and another in say the root,

TESTDSDT.aml

simple searching should tell you how to force the different dsdt

Thanks. I believe Kakewalk I used to install comes with the Chameleon 2.0 RC4. What boot options do I use to specify a new DSDT file? I've searched for 30 minutes but no concrete info. It looks like there was an older patch for Chameleon RC0 that allowed DSDT=[file name] option? Is that still valid?