In desparate need of help.

.ShadowFox

3 posts in this topic

So I've had an interesting night. Wanted to try installing OS X86 again on my HP Pavilion A6110N desktop PC. Note: It has installed successfully before.

First try:

Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel/AMD SSE

Loaded up to the install screen no problem. Tried formatting my second HDD that I wanted to install OS X86 on(Western Digital 320GB SATA), and it froze on the formatting screen where you type in a drive name. It did this every time I tried booting.

Just tried it again tonight and it hangs on "AppleNForceATA: found 0 units" Used to alternate between this and freezing in disk utility in setup. Now it just hangs there without any luck going to the install screen. "-v" on bootup does the same thing

Second Try:

iATKOS_v7.iso

Got to the install screen. Froze again on the making a label for the formatted drive in disk utility. Decided to screw it and leave it as "Untitled"

Partway through the install, it Kernel Panics. Now, just as I am trying to install iATKOS, instead of KP'ing, the screen just goes blank. After restarting, apple screen clears and the screen goes blank.

Third Try:

iPC 10.5.6 Final

Used to work. Kernel panics part through install like in iATKOS. Now it just KP's at the apple screen. Here is a rather poor shot of the KP.

2qwn2c7.jpg

WHY

WHAT

WHY?!?!?!

This is all an endurance. And is very strange. Anyone wanna help me?

What kind of DVD Drive ? SATA or IDE?

Harddisk ? SATA or IDE?

Did you changed your BIOS Setting of Disk Controller to AHCI?

When does the KP come at boot? How do you boot ? with -x -v? With -v?

Would you like to try Snowleopard?

What kind of DVD Drive ? SATA or IDE?

Harddisk ? SATA or IDE?

Did you changed your BIOS Setting of Disk Controller to AHCI?

When does the KP come at boot? How do you boot ? with -x -v? With -v?

Would you like to try Snowleopard?

1. IDE due to SATA giving me the infamous "Still wating for root device" SATA works fine on iATKOS though. But used IDE just to be safe

2. As this is HP, I assume they locked down all the high-end settings. If you know where to find it in an HP BIOS, be my guest.

3. KP comes in shortly after the apple screen. Or a little while after install in iATKOS. Tried with -v, but I'll try with -x -v

4. If you can PM me a torrent for snowleopard, go for it.