Updating OS on kalyway 10.5.2

8 posts in this topic

Hi I use Kalyway 10.5.2 and i would like to update to 10.5.8 as it i in my "check for updates". Can I just simply download and install 10.5.8 combo update and then boot with -v -f or do I have to do something. Thanks please respond.

i'm not sure but i have seen on one video it says that after downloading the last version you need to put your CD of old kalyway and at costumize DO NOT SELECT THE MAIN SYSTEM AND CLEANUP(if you have)and after the installation will finish you will have 10.5.8

i have seen this for iATKOS update but i think it may work for Kalyway

• 4 weeks later...

If you do it via Apple Software Update, it will ruin your Hackintosh to the point of where it becomes unusable. I would suggest looking for a different distro with 10.5.8, like the newest iDeneb.

If you do it via Apple Software Update, it will ruin your Hackintosh to the point of where it becomes unusable.

Not necessarily. It's certainly possible to 'software update' a non-vanilla install, but it takes a lot of work and experimenting. The following guide takes you through the first steps to prepare for an update. Unfortunately the part that deals with patched kernel extensions has not yet been written and maybe never will be.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=209712

Do some research and fill in the blanks yourself, unless your hardware is obscure to the extreme, all the information and the files you need to pull this of are out there.