Snow Leopard 10.6.4 Question

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section.

But i have Snow Leopard 10.6.2 installed on my Asus Eee PC 1001HA Netbook and i wanted to know if it would work with the latest 10.6.4 update?

System specs:

1.6GHz Intel Atom Processor.

(As far as i can tell) 512MB GMA 950 Graphics device.

160GB Internal HDD

1GB Ram Module.

I have a total HDD backup incase things go wrong but i just wanted to know if it will work at all.

Some notes: 10.6.2 Update was applied by replacing kernel with a custom one made by somebody else.

-Thanks in advance for any replies :)

you will need to do the same thing as last time,10.6.4 updtes the kernel.I don't think there's a patched Atom kernel out yet tho

Alright i'll wait a couple of months before checking again, unless some piece of software i need required 10.6.4.

Thanks for the response anyway.

Hey guys, apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section.

But i have Snow Leopard 10.6.2 installed on my Asus Eee PC 1001HA Netbook and i wanted to know if it would work with the latest 10.6.4 update?

System specs:

1.6GHz Intel Atom Processor.

(As far as i can tell) 512MB GMA 950 Graphics device.

160GB Internal HDD

1GB Ram Module.

I have a total HDD backup incase things go wrong but i just wanted to know if it will work at all.

Some notes: 10.6.2 Update was applied by replacing kernel with a custom one made by somebody else.

-Thanks in advance for any replies ;)

you can use osx86 tools to backup mach_kenel and install update combo 10.6.4 after update finished don't restart. Again use osx86 tools install or restore back mach_kenel where you back it up done restart. Remember name mach_kenel.back and chose where to back it up. i did update 10.6.4 updatecombo this way for now. Until they release atom 10.4 kenel in future...