Low Profile Sapphire Radeon HD 4650

Mellexx

4 posts in this topic

I've got a low profile 1GB DDR2 Sapphire Radeon HD 4650 (device id 0x94981002)and I can not get the damned thing to work for my life. I've tried about 10 different kext combos and packages and nothing works. I've tried JaS's kexts which got me VGA working with my old 17" lcd any res but no QE/CI and vga is useless to me as I use DVI with my 19" ws which is my main monitor. I've try every kext combo I've seen on insanely as well as other forums and they all result in a black screen and all but JaS's gave me a black screen also in vga. I really need DVI working and my monitor does not have a hdmi input so I can't try that trick. If I edit my device ID into the vanilla kexts that also results in just a blank screen GraphicsEnabler=y is in my plist as I kernel panic due to radeonx2000 without that. I'm using PC-EFI 10.6 I'm running 10.6.2 currently, I tried 10.6.3 and had no luck either has anyone got the same exact card as me, or is it an issue due to it being low profile?

Solved using JaS's 10.6.2 kexts and his method here with his dvi boot file

JaS many thanks to you for those files!

I've got a low profile 1GB DDR2 Sapphire Radeon HD 4650 (device id 0x94981002)and I can not get the damned thing to work for my life. I've tried about 10 different kext combos and packages and nothing works. I've tried JaS's kexts which got me VGA working with my old 17" lcd any res but no QE/CI and vga is useless to me as I use DVI with my 19" ws which is my main monitor. I've try every kext combo I've seen on insanely as well as other forums and they all result in a black screen and all but JaS's gave me a black screen also in vga. I really need DVI working and my monitor does not have a hdmi input so I can't try that trick. If I edit my device ID into the vanilla kexts that also results in just a blank screen GraphicsEnabler=y is in my plist as I kernel panic due to radeonx2000 without that. I'm using PC-EFI 10.6 I'm running 10.6.2 currently, I tried 10.6.3 and had no luck either has anyone got the same exact card as me, or is it an issue due to it being low profile?
What does System-Profiler/Hardware/PCI-Cards currently report? (screenshot)

Was it really necessary to open another thread on this? The fact that it is low profile does not make it any different then the normal 4650's.

Might I suggest you follow one of the existing threads rather then continuing the process of board bloat.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=190288&hl=

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=214773&hl=

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=214428&hl=

Disregard this thread guys, I finally got QE/CI DVI and 1440x900 working, My apologies for posting a new thread I was having so muchtrouble getting it to work before but it finally worked wit JaS's kexts and his dvi bootloader