Replace WiFi card with Dell 1470

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have the 2200BG intel wifi minipci card installed into my laptop (Sony Vaio FS series) and I've just decided to replace it with the Dell 1470 card (Broadcom chip).

Is that a difficult task? Some of you have already changed your wifi cards. I've seen the 1470 card has a pair of connectors for antenna. Is soldering required?

My laptop has a external switch for enabling/disabling the wifi interface. Could that be a problem in this operation??

THX

I've found this image, it's a FS series Vaio laptop. It seems theres no need to solder, but I'm not sure.

6jq6.th.jpg

Hi!

I have the 2200BG intel wifi minipci card installed into my laptop (Sony Vaio FS series) and I've just decided to replace it with the Dell 1470 card (Broadcom chip).

Is that a difficult task? Some of you have already changed your wifi cards. I've seen the 1470 card has a pair of connectors for antenna. Is soldering required?

My laptop has a external switch for enabling/disabling the wifi interface. Could that be a problem in this operation??

THX

I've found this image, it's a FS series Vaio laptop. It seems theres no need to solder, but I'm not sure.

6jq6.th.jpg

No soldering required.....just clips are there...If your lappy has external switch to turn on/off thats okay...you going to need later for sure.....better to have that option than not.