10.6.4 Update Ok?

18 posts in this topic

I would love to hear from anybody who has done the update, too. I just got all set up around a week ago, and I would hate to lose my hard work.

It works just fine.

Works fine with Intel DP55KG, i7 860, NVidia 9500GT, additional Ethenet RTL8139.

If using Extra/Extensions.mkext, need to redo the .mkextif you added any of the Apple extensions (IOnet, etc).

I am running this in VMware and had trouble with the last upgrade. Like the other a bit loath to upgrade...

There's a lot of noise in this thread. Give us a few more details would help us answer:

1. VMware product

2. Host system

3. Vanilla or hacked version of SL?

There's a lot of noise in this thread. Give us a few more details would help us answer:

1. VMware product

2. Host system

3. Vanilla or hacked version of SL?

Thanks, just want to be sure since I hear it is a big tra-la-la to install.

1. VMWare Workstation 7.1.0 build-261024

2. Windows 7 32-bit

3. Vanilla off a purchased disk

Thanks once more

Thanks, just want to be sure since I hear it is a big tra-la-la to install.

1. VMWare Workstation 7.1.0 build-261024

2. Windows 7 32-bit

3. Vanilla off a purchased disk

Thanks once more

I threw caution to the winds and did the upgrade and it went off without a hitch.... now at 10.6.4.

Thanks for the hand-holding everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

FIXED, I just upgraded to MyHack 1.1 and it solved the problem.

I have an Asus P5K Delux with WiFi, Intel quad core 2.83GHz, and 4GB of DDR2 1066Mhz ram.

I used software update to go from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4, and now on boot it kernel panics about the CPU ID. I am able to boot with a CD but it will crash after a few hours. I was using Myhack as my bootloader and was running perfectly.

in about this MAC it used to identify my CPU as a quad core Xeon, but now just lists it as an unknown 2.83GHz CPU.

any ideas on how to fix this?

I have an Asus P5K Delux with WiFi, Intel quad core 2.83GHz, and 4GB of DDR2 1066Mhz ram.

I used software update to go from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4, and now on boot it kernel panics about the CPU ID. I am able to boot with a CD but it will crash after a few hours. I was using Myhack as my bootloader and was running perfectly.

in about this MAC it used to identify my CPU as a quad core Xeon, but now just lists it as an unknown 2.83GHz CPU.

any ideas on how to fix this?

Try restoring last kernel that worked for your machine.

Did you use a patched kernel or the standard vanilla one before this?

Try restoring last kernel that worked for your machine.

Did you use a patched kernel or the standard vanilla one before this?

I've always used a Vanilla kernel on this machine, I'm still new to the hackintosh scene. how do I restore the last kernel?

I've always used a Vanilla kernel on this machine, I'm still new to the hackintosh scene. how do I restore the last kernel?

Hmm unless you made a backup of it b4 update, you might be screwed unless someone sends you their 10.6.3 vanilla kernel.

In the guide you used for install, where there any loookouts for kexts that might cause kernel panics, that might have reappeared after update to 10.6.4?

Have you tried asking in the guide website?

Hmm unless you made a backup of it b4 update, you might be screwed unless someone sends you their 10.6.3 vanilla kernel.

In the guide you used for install, where there any loookouts for kexts that might cause kernel panics, that might have reappeared after update to 10.6.4?

Have you tried asking in the guide website?

I'll ask over at the guide, and if I have to I guess I can get the 10.6.0 off of the install DVD until I can locate 10.6.3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
No problems here! Running iAtkos S3 (10.6.3) on Asus p5l-vm 1394, Core 2 e6420, XFX 9500gt.

How did you get that to work because whenI try I get kernel panics here there and everywhere.

My specs:

Motherboard - ASUS P5L-VM 1394

CPU - Intel P4 3.20ghz dual thread (LGA775)

Ram- Kingston Hyperx 4GB DDR2

HDD(s) - 250 Seagate (SATA) 3.5"; 40GB Hitatchi (SATA) 2.5"

OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - Windows XP Pro 32-bit