Radeon 4650 - 10.6.4 - Still no dual screen

errandwolfe

30 posts in this topic

Well I tried upgrading to Chameleon RC5...not very promissing. The X2000 kext appears to cause a kernel panic using RC5.

IMG00044.jpg

if you try to boot with "cpus=1" or "cpus=2" maybe it will boot ;) and what about "-x86", "-f", "-v" or "-x", and try every one in the same line :huh: (ps. without the "")

if you try to boot with "cpus=1" or "cpus=2" maybe it will boot ;) and what about "-x86", "-f", "-v" or "-x", and try every one in the same line :huh: (ps. without the "")

Didn't have time, on call this weekend so had to have an absolute minimum of downtime. I am going to attempt more experimentation later this week.

Here is an update on my experimentation with Chameleon RC 5...

So I grabbed an updated RC5 package, Chameleon_RC5_r284.pkg. Installed and happily no more KP....however the rest of the news is not so rosy. I tried multiple combinations of VGA, DVI, DVI (using DVI-to-VGA), and HDMI (using HDMI-to-DVI), all had the exact same result, monitors power down on boot.

Now here is where it gets worse...Even if I boot with just a single screen (VGA, DVI, HDMI) the screen powers down at GUI.

Booting into safe mode (-x) gives the exact same result.

RC5 is still in development so I can only hope things get better.