OS X 10.6.3 on MSI Pro-E i7 920 ATI 4850

3 posts in this topic

I have been trying to get OS X installed on my MSI Pro-E i7 920 setup for a while now. It seems like a lot of my problems have been stemming from my ATI 4850, because I get to a lot of black screens when following some tutorials. Has anyone gotten OS X to run on this mobo and cpu? I am trying to follow this tutorial http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1488410, but have been having bad luck since I get to loading the install disk and getting a black screen. Also there is no mention of a dsdt file or anything like that. I thought a dsdt file was needed for almost every board now, but I may be wrong. Thanks for your help.

Solidus-

I also have a 4850 (by ASUS, a EAH4850 to be exact) and it has been the bane of my existence (as far as 10.6.3 is concerned.) I have yet to find any workable method for my 4850. Netkas' recommendation of simply draggin the appropriate files from 10.6.2 did not yield any results. I have tried many other methods (10.5.8 drivers + patched framebuffers/rates or even legacy4800 + graphicsenabler=yes.) All unsuccessful. Do let me know if you figure something out, as I would like to play valve games!

Dave