NEED SERIOUS HELP with Hacingtosh installation

5 posts in this topic

Hi guyz i am new to hackingtosh....

I did Some GOOGLEing but i didnt find a guide that deal with same kinda config as i had in my case...

so i am confused in how to get things work and from where i will get proper hack drivers for my components to make them work

So You guyz here at insanelyMAC PLEASE PLEASEhelp me out.............

First of all let me introduce you with my pc that i am planing to install Mac OSX 10.6.3 Snowleopard to run FCP and other mac apps.....

here is the detail Config/Spec of my pc:-

CPU : Core i7 P920

Mobo: XFX X58i

RAM: 2X2GB corsair DDR3 1600FSB

GPU: XFX NVIDIA GTX285 1GB

PSU: Tagan 1100w

HDD: 2XSeagate 1TB

CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER V8

Now people heres the question is WILL Snowy Run on this Hardware????

IF yes please give me a detail step by step guide on how to get mac 10.6.3 install and make FCP run too.........

And one more Question is there a risk of getting CPU lock while installing Mac on my PC?????

First of all.....SEARCH THE FORUM!!! I just read atleast 4 different posts from people with the very same damn motherboard!!! Type in the name of you motherboard in the search box above!!! Here, I just typed in the name of your board and tah dah!!! http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208686

Second...No one can give you a 'detailed' step by step guide. Not trying to be a {censored} here....but you have to atleast TRY and help YOURSELF here. Don't just ask and expect to receive!!! RESEARCH YOUR EYEBALLS OUT LIKE THE REST OF US HAVE!!!!!

Third....Change the name of your topic!!! Input the name of your motherboard atleast so that when we search through the threads....We'll have some inclination as to what we are about to get ourselves into.

Thank You.

First of all the CPU cooler information you have supplied is completely irrelevant. Second, you will need to let us know on any progress so far (if any) made?

And also what distro are you using?

Thankx al lot guys for your valued reply i have install snowleopard 10.6.3 on vmware Workstation successfully through derwin it work well but as due to the limit of vram to 128mb i cant install FCP thus i decided to install straight on bord but before i do that i have to know that is there any risk of cpu lock or severe damage to my PC so i thought of asking you guyz for the suggestion.....

And Yep i have also tried EMPIRE EFI on virtual box it work fine toooooooooo but virtual box to have a vram limit of 128 mb now as i had a 1gb gpu which i want to utilise to the fullest in FCP so m here.........

Now the guyz wondering for why i have mention CPU cooler informstion here just to give you a clear view of my RIG and to get a suggstion is it suffecient to control the extra mercury that may rise if i try to install Hacingtosh (Snowleopard Retail) in my PC........ Thats all for now guys Keep in touch.. will reply soon with any progress in my HACMAC project................... So Long Guyz Take Care...............;)