Good mac laptop budget 2k worths it?

8 posts in this topic

Okay, I'm thinking to buy a laptop for my university studies.

My budget is 2,000 USD.

I was thinking to buy an allienware, but they seem overpriced. so after beginning to start programming apps for the Iphone (which I don't know if I will continue doing it, but is what motivates me to buy a mac) I start looking on macbooks pro and macbooks air.

So you guys are the geeks on macs, and I'm unsure of what to do, since after I pay I can't regret.

You guys think will worth it? I mean, the reason why I don't buy a cheap normal pc and use kalyway or something is that I don't know if it will work, etc. So I prefer not to risk, but if I buy mac, I'm sure windows runs 100% fine.

Thanks a lot for your help, A LOT.

Best Regards

My budget is 2,000 USD.

I was thinking to buy an allienware, but they seem overpriced. so after beginning to start programming apps for the Iphone (which I don't know if I will continue doing it, but is what motivates me to buy a mac) I start looking on macbooks pro and macbooks air.

So you guys are the geeks on macs, and I'm unsure of what to do, since after I pay I can't regret.

You guys think will worth it? I mean, the reason why I don't buy a cheap normal pc and use kalyway or something is that I don't know if it will work, etc. So I prefer not to risk, but if I buy mac, I'm sure windows runs 100% fine.

Best Regards

Well, good choice not getting Alienware. Even for non-mac laptops they are incredibly overpriced, not to mention hideous.

If your budget is 2,000 dollars, you can get quite a good MBP, and obviously that allows you to run OS X wonderfully. I don't think you'll regret it, as long as you don't get the Air. You could obviously get a much more powerful Asus for much cheaper, but again, then you wont be running OS X. Just remember that the current MacBook Pro gets very, very hot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a MacBook Pro 15" i7 Apple refurb with hi-res anti-glare panel for $1,999 + tax.

I wanted Panasonic Toughbook F9 which is retailed for $3k...

The difference is 2lb.

Though not as good as Panasonic, MBP is not bad. It even does not require LegacyHDA.kext. :)

I installed XP on it (bootcamp), and all of Windows drivers are on the MacOS X install DVD. You pop it in, and the driver installation begins. Very nice touch. Easiest XP installation ever.

-- TG

My budget is 2,000 USD.

Best Regards

Develop hardware and software that is compatible with Mac OS X and Apple hardware. Macintosh hardware implements standard buses such as PCI, USB, and Fire Wire that support high-performance peripherals and add-in cards.

For connecting to remote desktop of another computer (via internet or network) and controls. Also connecting to VNCServer through Repeater or directly to VNCServer and a lot of other configuration options. For more details VNCServer

• 4 months later...