10.6 and windows 7 chameleon boot without "system reserved"?

4 posts in this topic

i installed snow leopard and windows 7 on the same drive, but when i installed windows 7 i wanted to get rid of the double drive showing up in chameleon, so i deleted the system reserved partition before i installed (***yes it is possible to boot into windows 7 without this, so that's not the answer).

so i can get chameleon installed, but it only shows that i have a mac installation, windows 7 doesn't show up. if i make the windows 7 partition active, i can boot into windows, but i obviously don't get the chameleon splash screen. my disk partition map is:

GUID partition:

1: EFI

2: apple_hfs mac

3: microsoft basic data

partition 2 is active so i can boot into chameleon, but like i said, i want to be able to choose mac or windows 7, not "mac...system reserved...windows 7". thanks.

yeah, i'm not using 10.5, i'm on snow leopard. i'm not certain, but you can't install snow leopard on mbr, only on guid.

i'm trying to do this with one bootloader, not 2 separate ones. it doesn't make sense for me to boot into bcd, then into chameleon. so i'm not sure if there's a setting in chameleon or windows 7 that would make it show up

thanks