1280 x 800 Widescreen not available

WRX1KNP

10 posts in this topic

Apologies in advance for the new thread but my searching has shown info relating to this all over, maybe we could try and consolidate?

I have HotISO 10.4.6 working (Native install, very stable!), AC97 Sound, Power Management, CPU / Fan Throttle all OK! :D

But I am stuck with 1024x768 Video. Laptop specs: Fujitsu Siemens AMILO M1424 with ATI Mobilty (128 Mb) Radeon 9600. Native resolution on the built in DFP is 1280x800. Can get 1280x1024 on external CRT (by setting Graphics Mode @ Boot time). "?Video" Query does not show ANY Widescreen mode.

I have tried Callisto drivers (b008, b006) and no change.

Is there any solution to this or will I just have to live with it till I save enough cash to buy a MacBook Pro? :(

It's not the resolution or the (very minimal!) mouse cursor artefacts that bother me but the text on 1024x768 is blurred and rreally sucks.

Other Forumites Widescreen Tales Of Woe?

Thanks in advance.

- R

search the forum!current solution for you is callisto drivers.

http://omni.starchaser.org

Thanks, I have tried them (b008,6) but STILL only had 1024x768 in my Display Prefs ...

I am going to try again (maybe even with b003) later tonight. Double check everything I do!

I have a feeling that this is happening because OSX / ATI Driver is seeing my DFP as a CRT.

/confused ....

Hi

Do you know that version 003 of Callisto is specially for notebooks ? :pirate2:

works for me

Woot!

Tried version 006 again, C-A-R-E-F-U-L-L-Y and it's working! :P

Thanks for the help (I had kind of figured that Callisto was not going to work last night), you guys encouraged me to keep trying. And thanks to "Omni"for making the drivers in the first place. You Rock!

And "Sleep" mode works now as well, just a pity the screen does not wake up afterwards. Sure to find a fix for that one somewhere ....

Now to fix QE & CI (2mrow, it's 1:10AM local time)

- R

for qe/cg/opengl

From the callisto FAQ file(quoting a forum quote):

11.How do I get the QE/CI/OpenGL KEXTs to work with Callisto?

Look in your /System/Library/Extensions folder for ATIRadeonXXXXGA.plugin/ (XXXX depends on your

card model). Edit its Info.plist, under IOProviderClass key change IONDRVFramebuffer to CallistoFB,

update or delete Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache, then reboot

for qe/cg/opengl

From the callisto FAQ file(quoting a forum quote):

11.How do I get the QE/CI/OpenGL KEXTs to work with Callisto?

Look in your /System/Library/Extensions folder for ATIRadeonXXXXGA.plugin/ (XXXX depends on your

card model). Edit its Info.plist, under IOProviderClass key change IONDRVFramebuffer to CallistoFB,

update or delete Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache, then reboot

Thanks, done all OK :D

(Mouse tearing and all)

I reckon this is as good as it gets!

:blink:

Thanks again for all the help.

- R