Trouble Getting Snow Leopard on my Asus

3 posts in this topic

I've been attempting for a couple months now with very very many different ways of trying to get my retail copy of Snow Leopard onto my Asus Essentio 5270-BP004. I have my CPU ID if you all want to check that out and tell me what (if any) hardware is or is not supportable. I've looked at over 25 guides and have about 10 burned isos worth of this project.

My first question is, must I change anything in the BIOS if i can just press F8 and select the DVD drive to load the boot loader?

I've changed some of the BIOS settings around that I've been told to like the S3 strong and the AHCI or the ACPI, I forgot. None of that helped. Can you tell me what those do?

I've tried unplugging my hard drive but what good will that do if I'm wanting to install Snow Leopard on a 2nd partition.

It seems like I am EXTREMELY close and I just need to get into the installation screen and I'll be good to go. But it just hangs or restarts everytime.

I've tried every possible combination of booting the retail DVD and iAtkos and kalyway and others with -v -x and all the other combinations.

Lol I've even tried taking out 4gb of RAM because someone told me it won't work with 8gb.

Can anyone help please? I'm extremely dedicated to getting this to work and I will work with you.

Here's my CPU-ID. Click on it to view the actual page.

1206975.png

We need more than just your CPUID. Like your mother brand? If you running IDE or Sata? Also you might have to go a different approach to installing SL, like installing Leopard first. Or just using a distro that has extra kext files and kernels. Truth is everyone would love to know that their system can do a retail install....but not everyone can!

We need more than just your CPUID. Like your mother brand? If you running IDE or Sata? Also you might have to go a different approach to installing SL, like installing Leopard first. Or just using a distro that has extra kext files and kernels. Truth is everyone would love to know that their system can do a retail install....but not everyone can!

Thanks Jammol. The ONLY thing I don't know about my computer is which mobo is has. I don't mind using distros at all. When you ask for IDE or SATA which hardware device are you referring to? Thanks for the kickoff to helping me get OS X on this thing.

EDIT

I found the damn motherboard.

P5QL-VM EPU

**ANOTHER UPDATE**

I got iDeneb 10.5.7 to get me into the installation screen without a BIOS mod!

Now for the rest.