iAtkos v7 Leopard 10..5.6 on AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 Quad Core running on ASUS M4A79 Deluxe MOBO with 4GB DDR3 Ram, SAPPHIRE ATI HD 4850 Graphics Card

17 posts in this topic

Hello Guys,

I successfully installed iAtkos v7 on AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 Quad Core running on ASUS M4A79 Deluxe motherboard with 4GB DDR3 Ram.

Here is my install experience -

I tried installing SnowOSX 10.6 and 10.6 Universal, iDeneb v1.4, 1.6 Lite... but none of them worked for me... or maybe I did not have a proper guide like how I had for the iAtkos! I followed the Mickey Mouse guide of install which I must say is as simple as eating honey from a jar!! ;) They have explained everything for no-brainers like me. What each patch meant and why and when should they be applied. BTW, my whole experience with hackintoshes has just been a few sleepless days! So bear with me :P

iAtkos installation went smoothly on my 1st test laptop (ASUS A7V Series Notebook, Intel Pentium Mobile 915 2GHz, 2GB Ram, ATI Radeon x700 Inbuilt Graphics and ALC sound). Ok thats good news.. but it also followed with bad news!!

Ended up messing my other notebook tablet PC! I did not realize the iAtkos DSDT patch and/or Chameleon v2 would reset or flash the BIOS and this crashed my HP TouchSmart tm2. Now its nothing but a bunch of blinking LEDs...guess I have to send that back... oh well... will write about that and the install experience of another Laptop in another thread...moving on. (... But if you are going to install this on any HP touchsmart laptops make sure you do not select the DSDT patch or Chamleon Boot Loader 2...HP has something against flashing bioses I guess!! )

Ok back to the main story--

Prepped up my PC with a proper Drive Partition to load MacOSX in. I had 3 HDDs so I made the MAC partition on a drive that did not have my primary OS (XP) on it. After creating the partition, I disabled all other Harddrives in the BIOS, and also unplugged it just to be sure that the installation does not mess up the primary boot records (...learned from experience :o ). I have Ubuntu and XP loaded up on the main drive.

I did not enable any other settings in the BIOS, even left the ACPI was set to default IDE mode instead of SATA. All done and rebooted the PC.

On DVD boot, initially it did not work straight off the bat... so I went through the guide again, and noticed that they had options to use different kernels instead of the default "mach_kernel". Its said that "mach_970" would work better for AMD systems. I needed more than just a different kernel though. I had to also set the busratio for it to work properly. As stated in the guide, busratio=20 worked well for i7s, so i figured since mine is a new config too, it should work... and that was the magic keyword indeed!!

mach_970 -v busratio=20

Yayyyy...!! Now to the install...

Depending on the other external USB devices connected to your PC, you may notice errors during boot... ignore or try disconnecting all of them and proceeding with install.

Oh yeh, I am using Wireless keyboard and mouse, with a USB dongle, but mac picked that up smoothly too.

Erased the drive using MacOS Journaled type... and mounted successfully.

Went on to the Customize screen, and Selected the following Options -

Chamleon v1 loader (Did not want to mess with Chameleon v2 because the guide says that it auto-fixes the motherboard issue, meaning it may flash the bios too... did not want to risk it)

/Extra Directory (not sure if this option works because I could not find Extra Directory under the root)

Disabled DSDT

Decryptors - Apple Decrypt

No Simbios drivers selected.

Selected Kernel 9.5.0 (9.7.0 resulted in a panic on previous install on the same system...)

VGA - Do not select ATI HD. Select Intel 950 instead. (this is probably not needed either, it picks up default VGA anyways)

Checked Disabler (sure remove all the problem areas for me!! )

OHR - not needed on first install.

Sound - Went with AppleHDA (realized it would not work without Mod) but either ways do not select VooDoo.

SATA/IDE - Checked ATI SATA/IDE and Generic IDE. (This is required so that it can load up all your SATA/IDE HDDs and also helps fix the "Still waiting for root" error).

Checked USB

Checked Apple PS/2 Driver for Keyboard/Mouse.

Checked NTFS-3G

Network - Wired - Realtek R8139 (even though my actual hardware was RL81111/8168B... this worked fine)

No Languages needed

Checked Post Install Actions. (this need not be checked if you are doing a driver install later on).

Thats all of it I think. Since I had already run this install on another Laptop, I skipped the "Checking Integrity of disc.." step. Total installation/copying files took around 10-15mins.

When it shows the Restarting in 20seconds screen, make sure you go to the toolbar on top and select Utilities>Reset Password. This is to enter your Root Password.

In the process of halting/rebooting, It would show invalid kernel and panic errors. No worries... give your Restart button a handy push.

On Reboot, press F8 again to enter boot flags. Enter busratio=20 -v -f.

Chances are you would boot all the way but you would get a pixelated grainey Black and White screen, or a Blue screen would just flash and your monitor would show "No Signal Detected". This is because the VGA drivers installed or on the system are not compatible.

Fixed this by rebooting into safe mode.

busratio=20 -v -s

Typed in the following commads.

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd /system/library/extensions

rm -r ATI*

rm -r Natit.kext

reboot

(followed by kernel panic errors again... ignore)

After reboot (enter busratio=20, and "v" if you need verbose mode).... viola... you can see the Keyboard setup screen!! Followed installation on the screens, set up account.. blah blah... save and OK.

Desktop is by default 1024x768 mode and no Sound. Network worked fine, so installed OSX86Tools, and Kext Helper app.

Added EFT string " busratio=20 -f " in OSX86Tools so that I would not have to enter it everytime on boot. Also set graphics mode to 1440x1050x32@60Hz so that I can have a bigger desktop.

Now.... Getting the sound to work - Modded ALC 1200

This took a lot of wasteful trial and errors. Most of the Time I just did a mindless thoughtless cut and past of driver kext files from the forums...

Finally I used my aching head and realized.... hey I may just have to include my Device ID for it to work (as suggested for ATI Radeon Drivers in some threads).

So I looked in the included files of ALC1200 kext audio pack, and opened package contents of ALCinject.text>Info.plist. What do ya know... they had an array of device IDs.

<array>

<string>pci8086,3a3e</string>

<string>pci10b9,5461</string>

</array>

I checked System Profiler to see if they have my Device ID, but nope! Not on there.

Thats where OSX86 Tool comes to the rescue. Click on View PCI Device/Vendor ID, and it showed

04:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc HD 48x0 audio [1002:aa30]

So I figured, 1002:aa30 is my device id, and in the format above it would be something like -

<string>pci1002,aa30</string>

Save, and Used OSX86 Tools to install KEXT, Reboot and Check System Preferences.... wait for it..... and viola...... Output tab shows Internal Speakers, HeadPhones and Digital Out!!!! I got all my 4.1 speakers working!

HD Head phone mode works too.

I do not have a Digital out cable but I assume that works too.

Installation of Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4850 driver - Followed guide on http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155477

Boot with -s, and do the following commands:

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm -r ATI*

rm -r natit.kext*

Reboot with -f -v.

Run the installation package 7_radeon_hd_48x0_drivers.pkg

Install ATY_Motmot.kext with Kext Helper

Reboot -f -v

Bug - Bouncy Screen.

Downloaded Package Natit_no_powerplay_4800_4600.pkg and install it. Reboot, and shout out WILL FARELLS NIPPLES!!! :)

Got 1920x1080 resolution!!! wooooot...!!!

Bug - Black Screen during Change of resolution.

Downloaded Natit_with_4850_bios_inside-1.pkg, install, reboot.

Driver worked perfectly.... ofcourse I spent like 2 days finding the right driver.... I would have gotten alot more sleep if I found this post earlier!! it even recognized my Monitor and has the name displayed perfectly, and also probably have the right driver/settings for it because the font is nice and crisp.

The only other issue I have now is the CPU config. System profiler shows random values at random times. Sometimes it shows CPU speed as 59GHz...!!! righttt...!! Gurus I need your help on this please.

I hope this post would be helpful to other people with the same config. Have Fun!!!

(Next Step= Looking into updating to newer versions without messing anything up)

post-620733-1274823730_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

This took a lot of wasteful trial and errors. Most of the Time I just did a mindless thoughtless cut and past of driver kext files from the forums...

Finally I used my aching head and realized.... hey I may just have to include my Device ID for it to work (as suggested for ATI Radeon Drivers in some threads).

So I looked in the included files of ALC1200 kext audio pack, and opened package contents of ALCinject.text>Info.plist. What do ya know... they had an array of device IDs.

<array>

</array>

I checked System Profiler to see if they have my Device ID, but nope! Not on there.

Thats where OSX86 Tool comes to the rescue. Click on View PCI Device/Vendor ID, and it showed

So I figured, 1002:aa30 is my device id, and in the format above it would be something like -

Save, and Used OSX86 Tools to install KEXT, Reboot and Check System Preferences.... wait for it..... and viola...... Output tab shows Internal Speakers, HeadPhones and Digital Out!!!! I got all my 4.1 speakers working!

1002:aa30 is the same id as the hdmi audio chipset on my Radeon 4850. Are you telling me that this chipset works? Does it work in 10.6.5? Can you please link to the files needed to get it working?

if u cant get anything to work with iATKOS, then choose a different distro because i had issues installin to my amd phenom. i had to actually goto the iPC distro and another that worked for it was iDeneb because they all have different chipsets. On my other pc i have a SB900 chipset, but i could only find it going up to SB600 on most dvds..so keep that in mind, maybe its not meant to be with iATKOS, but keep trying lol..this whole post reminds me of my headache ;p

• 1 month later...
Hello Guys,

I successfully installed iAtkos v7 on AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 Quad Core running on ASUS M4A79 Deluxe motherboard with 4GB DDR3 Ram.

Here is my install experience -

I tried installing SnowOSX 10.6 and 10.6 Universal, iDeneb v1.4, 1.6 Lite... but none of them worked for me... or maybe I did not have a proper guide like how I had for the iAtkos! I followed the Mickey Mouse guide of install which I must say is as simple as eating honey from a jar!! ;) They have explained everything for no-brainers like me. What each patch meant and why and when should they be applied. BTW, my whole experience with hackintoshes has just been a few sleepless days! So bear with me :P

iAtkos installation went smoothly on my 1st test laptop (ASUS A7V Series Notebook, Intel Pentium Mobile 915 2GHz, 2GB Ram, ATI Radeon x700 Inbuilt Graphics and ALC sound). Ok thats good news.. but it also followed with bad news!!

Ended up messing my other notebook tablet PC! I did not realize the iAtkos DSDT patch and/or Chameleon v2 would reset or flash the BIOS and this crashed my HP TouchSmart tm2. Now its nothing but a bunch of blinking LEDs...guess I have to send that back... oh well... will write about that and the install experience of another Laptop in another thread...moving on. (... But if you are going to install this on any HP touchsmart laptops make sure you do not select the DSDT patch or Chamleon Boot Loader 2...HP has something against flashing bioses I guess!! )

Ok back to the main story--

Prepped up my PC with a proper Drive Partition to load MacOSX in. I had 3 HDDs so I made the MAC partition on a drive that did not have my primary OS (XP) on it. After creating the partition, I disabled all other Harddrives in the BIOS, and also unplugged it just to be sure that the installation does not mess up the primary boot records (...learned from experience :) ). I have Ubuntu and XP loaded up on the main drive.

I did not enable any other settings in the BIOS, even left the ACPI was set to default IDE mode instead of SATA. All done and rebooted the PC.

On DVD boot, initially it did not work straight off the bat... so I went through the guide again, and noticed that they had options to use different kernels instead of the default "mach_kernel". Its said that "mach_970" would work better for AMD systems. I needed more than just a different kernel though. I had to also set the busratio for it to work properly. As stated in the guide, busratio=20 worked well for i7s, so i figured since mine is a new config too, it should work... and that was the magic keyword indeed!!

mach_970 -v busratio=20

Yayyyy...!! Now to the install...

Depending on the other external USB devices connected to your PC, you may notice errors during boot... ignore or try disconnecting all of them and proceeding with install.

Oh yeh, I am using Wireless keyboard and mouse, with a USB dongle, but mac picked that up smoothly too.

Erased the drive using MacOS Journaled type... and mounted successfully.

Went on to the Customize screen, and Selected the following Options -

Chamleon v1 loader (Did not want to mess with Chameleon v2 because the guide says that it auto-fixes the motherboard issue, meaning it may flash the bios too... did not want to risk it)

/Extra Directory (not sure if this option works because I could not find Extra Directory under the root)

Disabled DSDT

Decryptors - Apple Decrypt

No Simbios drivers selected.

Selected Kernel 9.5.0 (9.7.0 resulted in a panic on previous install on the same system...)

VGA - Do not select ATI HD. Select Intel 950 instead. (this is probably not needed either, it picks up default VGA anyways)

Checked Disabler (sure remove all the problem areas for me!! )

OHR - not needed on first install.

Sound - Went with AppleHDA (realized it would not work without Mod) but either ways do not select VooDoo.

SATA/IDE - Checked ATI SATA/IDE and Generic IDE. (This is required so that it can load up all your SATA/IDE HDDs and also helps fix the "Still waiting for root" error).

Checked USB

Checked Apple PS/2 Driver for Keyboard/Mouse.

Checked NTFS-3G

Network - Wired - Realtek R8139 (even though my actual hardware was RL81111/8168B... this worked fine)

No Languages needed

Checked Post Install Actions. (this need not be checked if you are doing a driver install later on).

Thats all of it I think. Since I had already run this install on another Laptop, I skipped the "Checking Integrity of disc.." step. Total installation/copying files took around 10-15mins.

When it shows the Restarting in 20seconds screen, make sure you go to the toolbar on top and select Utilities>Reset Password. This is to enter your Root Password.

In the process of halting/rebooting, It would show invalid kernel and panic errors. No worries... give your Restart button a handy push.

On Reboot, press F8 again to enter boot flags. Enter busratio=20 -v -f.

Chances are you would boot all the way but you would get a pixelated grainey Black and White screen, or a Blue screen would just flash and your monitor would show "No Signal Detected". This is because the VGA drivers installed or on the system are not compatible.

Fixed this by rebooting into safe mode.

busratio=20 -v -s

Typed in the following commads.

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm -r ATI*

rm -r Natit.kext

reboot

(followed by kernel panic errors again... ignore)

After reboot (enter busratio=20, and "v" if you need verbose mode).... viola... you can see the Keyboard setup screen!! Followed installation on the screens, set up account.. blah blah... save and OK.

Desktop is by default 1024x768 mode and no Sound. Network worked fine, so installed OSX86Tools, and Kext Helper app.

Added EFT string " busratio=20 -f " in OSX86Tools so that I would not have to enter it everytime on boot. Also set graphics mode to 1440x1050x32@60Hz so that I can have a bigger desktop.

<array>

</array>

Installation of Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4850 driver - Followed guide on http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155477

Boot with -s, and do the following commands:

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm -r ATI*

rm -r natit.kext*

Reboot with -f -v.

Run the installation package 7_radeon_hd_48x0_drivers.pkg

Install ATY_Motmot.kext with Kext Helper

Reboot -f -v

Bug - Bouncy Screen.

Downloaded Package Natit_no_powerplay_4800_4600.pkg and install it. Reboot, and shout out WILL FARELLS NIPPLES!!! :)

Got 1920x1080 resolution!!! wooooot...!!!

Bug - Black Screen during Change of resolution.

Downloaded Natit_with_4850_bios_inside-1.pkg, install, reboot.

Driver worked perfectly.... ofcourse I spent like 2 days finding the right driver.... I would have gotten alot more sleep if I found this post earlier!! it even recognized my Monitor and has the name displayed perfectly, and also probably have the right driver/settings for it because the font is nice and crisp.

The only other issue I have now is the CPU config. System profiler shows random values at random times. Sometimes it shows CPU speed as 59GHz...!!! righttt...!! Gurus I need your help on this please.

I hope this post would be helpful to other people with the same config. Have Fun!!!

(Next Step= Looking into updating to newer versions without messing anything up)

Hi I am able to successfully install iDeneb 10.5.8 on my amd machine ... would like to say thanks to you that cause of your post i was able to sort my video issues out about the screen only having a 1024x768 resolution, just one question can i go ahead and increase the graphics performance of the natit kext tht has been installed..??

Also regarding the sound i am able to find my id which is 1002:439c but what i am not able to get is how to insert this id in the file, from where should i take the original file as for me the apple azilla worked for the sound. need your help as mine is a 8 channel sound. from where should i pick up the file and then how to get the plist file.

hi, i used the same processor, with BIOSTAR TA890GXE onboard VGA..

i've tried lot of different commands and always get "Still waiting for the root device".

i also changed my SATA config to AHCI, still no luck.

is ATI 4290 not supported or misconfiguration with my HDD? ;)

srry for my english

hi, i used the same processor, with BIOSTAR TA890GXE onboard VGA..

i've tried lot of different commands and always get "Still waiting for the root device".

i also changed my SATA config to AHCI, still no luck.

is ATI 4290 not supported or misconfiguration with my HDD? :D

srry for my english

Hi try using a sata odd .... I also had the same problem with my ide odd...

Also r u getting tht msg before installing osx while booting from dvd or after installation is complete then r u getting tht msg

I tried ideneb 10.5.8 and it works well with kernel 9.8 and chameleon 2 also check on osx for ur hardware compatibility especially the motherboard...

Hi try using a sata odd .... I also had the same problem with my ide odd...

Also r u getting tht msg before installing osx while booting from dvd or after installation is complete then r u getting tht msg

I tried ideneb 10.5.8 and it works well with kernel 9.8 and chameleon 2 also check on osx for ur hardware compatibility especially the motherboard...

i'm using SATA II WDC Black, the message show up before installing osx. After googling for minutes, i found my motherboard had problem with EFI compatibility, then i set ACPI to v1 and S3.

Boot again with Kernel 9.7 and busratio set to 16, then Kernel Panic happened..

OK, at least "Still waiting fot root device" passed now...

i'm using SATA II WDC Black, the message show up before installing osx. After googling for minutes, i found my motherboard had problem with EFI compatibility, then i set ACPI to v1 and S3.

Boot again with Kernel 9.7 and busratio set to 16, then Kernel Panic happened..

OK, at least "Still waiting fot root device" passed now...

When booting from the dvd press F8 and the type mach_970 -v busratio=20 and it should work properly.... Do try and let me know also which version u trying to install the 10.5.7 iatkos or the 10.5.8 , I have got 3 versions to work properly on my system

10.5.5 - I used to get still waiting for root device which was cause of my ide dvd drive so I switched to sata dvd drive no busratio command needed and I used voodoo 9.5 kernel

10.5.7 same had to use sata dvd drive and command on f8 mach_970 -v busratio=20 and selected voodoo kernel 9.7

10.5.8 same had to use sata dvd drive and command on f8 mach_970 -v busratio=20 and selected voodoo kernel 9.8

After the installation was done I used osxtools to change my graphics resolution ( even though the quality aint good) and also added busratio=20 -f comman so I don't have to type it again and again...

Let me know if it helps...

When booting from the dvd press F8 and the type mach_970 -v busratio=20 and it should work properly.... Do try and let me know also which version u trying to install the 10.5.7 iatkos or the 10.5.8 , I have got 3 versions to work properly on my system

10.5.5 - I used to get still waiting for root device which was cause of my ide dvd drive so I switched to sata dvd drive no busratio command needed and I used voodoo 9.5 kernel

10.5.7 same had to use sata dvd drive and command on f8 mach_970 -v busratio=20 and selected voodoo kernel 9.7

10.5.8 same had to use sata dvd drive and command on f8 mach_970 -v busratio=20 and selected voodoo kernel 9.8

After the installation was done I used osxtools to change my graphics resolution ( even though the quality aint good) and also added busratio=20 -f comman so I don't have to type it again and again...

Let me know if it helps...

Finally!! i tried this settings for my BIOS.

ACPI v1 and something with values S3 in ACPI settings.

then i used this command : mach_970 -v -f busratio=16 cpus=1

I passed the boot session and get to Setup Installation.

But, when Select a Destination for the OSx, the field is blank.

here is the partition of my HDD

C: <- Windows XP as Primary partition

E: <- this is the place i want to install OSx (logical)

F: <- my private files located here (logical)

G: <- Windows 7 (logical)

What should I do with this?

Finally!! i tried this settings for my BIOS.

ACPI v1 and something with values S3 in ACPI settings.

then i used this command : mach_970 -v -f busratio=16 cpus=1

I passed the boot session and get to Setup Installation.

But, when Select a Destination for the OSx, the field is blank.

here is the partition of my HDD

C: <- Windows XP as Primary partition

E: <- this is the place i want to install OSx (logical)

F: <- my private files located here (logical)

G: <- Windows 7 (logical)

What should I do with this?

When u get to the install screen on top there is a menu bar click on utilities and then click on disc utilities and then select ur partition and then click on erase and choose mac os x journaled extended....make sure tht u exactly know which partiion it is , better label the partitions so u know which 1 u erasing

However there might be an issue as mac partition wud need to be the primary partition..