Mouse and Pinwheel are solid black?

6 posts in this topic

I've only recently expereince this, when i start up my cursor will be a solid black if pinwheel starts it will just be a solid black circle, I dont know what to make of if, I'm currently running 10.6.2 retail on GA-EP45-DS3L more specs on my signature.

I was thinking to just start over and restore from time machine or loader the installation disc and do some kinda recovery. any other thoughts?

post-324388-1274137699_thumb.jpg

post-324388-1274137810_thumb.jpg

Probably not gonna work but it might have to do something with preferences...

When you're on a different user account does the same thing happen?

Not sure, but I will create one this afternoon and let you know the result, thanks for the tip. :)

Check NVDAResman.kext and verify that your video cards device ID is present in info.plist. If not, add it.

Thanks Beerkex'd I will try that this afternoon to and report my results :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

So this weekend I upgraded to 10.6.3 and broke my system, lost audio, I was at the point where I just gave in and started from scratch, Here's why this is interesting, nothing I did in control panel did this, I tried looking at NVDAResman.kext but i couldn't seem to understand what i was looking for I used text-wrangler to take a look, I will download plist editor next to double check, but to the point. I installed from retail 10.6 then, updated to 10.6.1 then 10.6.2, everything looked good, then I connected my blue tooth magic mouse to my system, and did some miscellaneous mac updates, after which i rebooted. I after the reboot my mouse icon was back to being black\blue, the only common factor I have here is the syncing of the magic mouse, also it does not happen every time if I reboot some times the icon is fine, do you think its still NVDAResman.kext, what should i be looking for, i.e. which string?

Most people who weren't using VoodooHDA lost audio when updating to 10.6.3 because the new AppleHDA.kext handles supported devices in a different way. You can either use AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2, VoodooHDA, or hex-edit the new AppleHDA binary. But it depends on what audio solution you're currently using and what audio hardware you have. Your motherboard is a very popular Hackintosh platform so there should be several solutions out there.

This info.plist from NVDAResman.kext with the relevant information highlighted.

post-188427-1275409695_thumb.png