Sony Vaio VPCF115FM Discussion: DSDT Injection

kizwan

787 posts in this topic

jlvaio: You can grab the nvidia bios with some ati kext that works also for nvidia. Read instructions here.

The display works while booting, because vesa is a simple standard that works for all companies. so one simple driver works for all in the best case. But all advanced features work with th especial drivers from their manufacturer.

But please realize this: The nvidia is working and loaded. I have also 2 framebuffers activated (framebuffer means hardware accelerated screen). Only the display detection for internal vaio is not working. And I begin to wonder if this is really a nvidia issue or could be fixed inside Apple's open source iographicsfamily kext.

The webcam is a simple usb device. Usb devices are the easiest devices to detect. Works on my machine out of the box. More interesting to me seems the pci sd card reader. This is still tricky. I tried VoodooSDHC and it is detecting the hardware, but when inserting a card, the system will freeze.

jlvaio: You can grab the bios with some ati kext that works also for nvidia. Read instructions here.

The display works while booting, because vesa is a simple standard that works for all companies. so one simple driver works for all in the best case. But all advanced features work with th especial drivers from their manufacturer.

But please realize this: The nvidia is working and loaded. I have also 2 framebuffers activated (framebuffer means hardware accelerated screen). Only the display detection for internal vaio is not working. And I begin to wonder if this is really a nvidia issue or could be fixed inside Apple's open source iographicsfamily kext.

The webcam is a simple usb device. Usb devices are the easiest devices to detect. Works on my machine out of the box. More interesting to me seems the pci sd card reader. This is still tricky. I tried VoodooSDHC and it is detecting the hardware, but when inserting a card, the system will freeze.

for the webcam i can use agentv5 driver + sonix usb cam not sure of the name i talk about this because i think webcam is related to snc

i think your progress seems nice

for the rest : if we suppose that internal screen shows 00000000 for monitor size web should imagine that osx saw him but gives blank screen because he read size 00000 maybe i m trouble don t know

| +-o NVDA,Display-A@0 <class IORegistryEntry:IOService:IOPlatformDevice:IONDRVDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 10>

| | | | | {

| | | | | "width" = <00000000>

| | | | | "height" = <00000000>

as i can see it seems internal screen load but with no size("width" = <00000000>

| | | | | "height" = <00000000>

jlvaio: I believe the sony system bios should kick in when the display should be detected.

A new theory regarding lvds detection

Because the vaio f11 (and maybe yours too) has internally the same system as a dual graphics cards system, but has no intel graphics, it produces an error when detecting the internal display. I think the f11 has the same chipset and has a acpi/dsdt that is actually for a dual gfx system. So it's a bug, and nvidia fixed this for Sony.

There seems to be a hidden advanced menu in the bios options when pressing f2 at vaio logo. But you have to carefully patch your bios first. I already tried it, but stuck in the procedure (the bios dump tool fla{censored}.exe in freedos from usb stick reports the error "Error IHISI 10h fail"). There are two ways to read, modifiy and then dump the bios: The first one with freedos/fla{censored} and the second with a efi boot application, but you need to disconnect all drives first I believe.

This advanced menu has an option called "F2->BIOS->Advanced->Peripheral Config.->VGA Switching Policy: Auto/Static".

This option needs to be at "static", but it's on "auto" by default. So the nvidia driver that was programmed for the macbookpro (which is a dual gfx system) tries to enable the internal screen on the intel gfx, but it's is not there on our system.

I think that's the reason why the internal screen remains black. If someone is able to successfully activate his advanced options and set vga switching policy to "static", I think this could do the trick.

Read detailed infos here:

Activate advanced options on Vaio Z 13.3 series with freedos/fla{censored}

Activate advanced options on vaio by using a efi boot application

General info about activating advanced options for all insyde bios notebooks (including vaio)

Detailed description of the vaio dual gfx problem that also appeared on linux

Please try by yourself.

But attention:

- Carefully read the warnings. If you modify your bios at a wrong offset, it can result in a non booting vaio and you have to pay for a repair.

- The offsets can maybe differ on different vaio models. But there a methods to detect these offsets.

- You cannot use a bios dump provided by sony directly. There are somehow compressed and maybe encrypted. You have to rip it off from your bios directly, then it's plain. EDIT: This point is just my theory and not approved

More info about VAIO F11 smbios/systembios

- It's a AMI APTIO bios, the recent generation of bios types from AMI/American Trends Inc. Some part of the bios has been developed by Insyde. But the bios is still a AMI APTIO one.

- The official tool to enable/disable bios default options is called AMIBCP 4 or later. The older versions were feely available, the v4 not. There are some version like AMIBCP 7.60 etc available, but these versions are OLDER than AMIBCP 4.

- It's a some kind of UEFI bios.

- Todays bioses are collections of chunks, different subbioses of hardware components and validation keys.

Useful bios tools for vaio

- Universal BIOS Backup (works for me) - link

- ezh20 v1.403 english (some kind of bios modifier tool, works with universal bios backup extracted files, rename rip to XX.FD) - link (or google for "ezh2o2")

- RW-Everything 1.4 or later (extracts detailed bios, acpi and system infos, also good for extracting a valid dsdt etc.) - link

Yes, I think I am right! OSX works completly with enabled lcd/gt330m on Vaio Z11. See this video, read the comment:

He enabled the advanced options:

Update 1: Now i can run it as Native OS. You can see benchmark result compare to MacbookPro 2010 Core i7-2.66GHz 15 inch from here http://tinyurl.com/y4a2uzu

Update2 :Now i can't go to AHCI setting in bios any more. It stuck up at bios screen. I think i can't get vdo for u. So i will share what i have done here.

1.Enable Advaned Menu Bios from here http://forum.notebookreview.com/showt...

2.Switch to AHCI mode and set vga switching policy to static and move graphics tri-button to stamina

3.Shut down and Boot from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] CD(make sure that led on stamina is lightup, if not enter bios save and exit again) then setup from snow leopard retail from http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/0... by using busratio=20 other cpu can check value from http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/0...

4.when installation finish and you hit restart. Boot again from iBootCD use busratio=20 again you should go in OSX 10.6

5.Backup your /System/Library/Extension/ then run OSXupdate 10.6.3(1.1) Combo update. After this installation you'll get kernel panic soon. So please restart after installation complete immediately.

6.When you restart and boot from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] again it will get error nevermind just restart again you should get in to 10.6.3. If not please try -x busratio=20 to get in safe mode

7.Force install new macbookpro i5/i7 update from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1026 by Pacifist Utililties

8.Install USB, Sleepenabler kext from http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/0...

9.Shut down switch tri-button to speed and boot up

10.You should get on Snow Leopard 10.6.3 at 1920x1080 with QE/CI

Things to do further

1.Boot from HDD without [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] CD

2.DSDT to recognize cpu correctly

3.Change vga device id for display information correctly

4.Dual boot with windows 7

So please share what your guy doing so far. Because i can't set to ahci mode nevermore. It stuck at bios screen everyboot and if you facing problem like me you must deassembly your notebook, remove ssd out, bootup and get bios default value.

I'm glad to know there is good news at last! I'd like to test this approach on my VPCF12M0E/B Vaio, but unfortunately I can't cope with a non-working laptop due to a potential bad BIOS hacking (at least not now that I'm writing a MSc project, lol).

Nevertheless, congratulations for the endurance. I hope this is the real right path.

Alexei Leonov: If you can test it on your F12, this would be very nice.

The guide was made for your model and I think if you follow carefully all instructions, this will work. I guess someone already patched it for your model.

Would be nice to know "vga sitching policy->static" thing will make the nvidia driver work. ;)

In the meantime I am trying to find a way to patch my bios (F11)...

Alexei Leonov: If you can test it on your F12, this would be very nice. The guide was made for your model and I think if you follow carefully all instructions, this will work. I guess someone already patched it for your model. Would be nice to know "vga sitching policy->static" thing will make the nvidia driver work. :) In the meantime I am trying to find a way to patch my bios (F11)...

i can t try now because my vaio wascrashed since 2 month i v e just reinstalled it and need to do lot of works but...

i m not sure about my dsdt because this doesnt really make change from anything i ve tried...

if i patche the bios do i have problems after to run vista (i m not using seven ) the method seems a little bit complicated to me (modifying bios is a level of modification seems hard° and actually i m using10.5.2 because 10.5.8 update doesnt allow for me the use of f c p but my attention is focus on your works thanks stay tuned and provided more tutorial you can thanks

best regards

hi and grats to Funky Frank for his progress on this lcd internal detection :D

The BIOS Option teory is really interesting, but i really can't understand why the internal CPU integrated intel GPU can't work if CPU is correctly detected from OSX.

In my case i have a i3 330m in my F11 (it's a custom vaio from sony style) and even with last kernel osX see my cpu as a double intel Xeon :) I'm not sure of that but i think that XEON CPU designed for workstation doesn't have any internal GPU like our i3/i5/i7.

I read that someone with i7 can made osX detect the CPU with kernel > 10.6.3, so if the problem is the detecting of the integrated GPU who can made the os to detect correctly the i7 core must have a working nvidia driver and a working integrated lcd!

Did i miss something? :D

Now, the actual possibilities:

1) No-1 actually made osX detect CPU properly

2) I didn't understand nothing and i'm sayng nonsense

Did someone with i5 or i7 made it works (and 100% detected) from osX?

And, last but not the least, i think a BIOS patching is really dangenrous, we can brick our vaio in really no-time.. we can still manage to fix the problem from osX and maybe from the open source driver that you posted, i think this is the easyest and "realistic" way to solve the problem.

Sorry for bad english :P

In my case i have a i3 330m in my F11 (it's a custom vaio from sony style) and even with last kernel osX see my cpu as a double intel Xeon :(

AlexanderPD, are you sure that your Corei7 isn't detected correctly? Can you upload your dmesg and bdmesg logs to rapidshare? What does the activity monitor say if you click at the cpu meter below? Does a window with 8 graphs appear then?

The values displayed in the system profiler are lot of cosmetic. They depend on your smbios.plist inside extra dir of chameleon boot partition. If there is a macpro smbios thats the reason. But it's just cosmetic. The system does not think it's an xeon. Confirm this..

Here is a HOWTO smbios: howto configure smbis.plist (I never configred it correctly, because the system runs with it)

Have any one of you took a look at your NVidia control panel in windows?

the display name is written "NVidia Default Flat Panel"!! as i told and you can see! nvidia is providing custume drivers for sony vaio f series and the display driver is included in this driver!

you can try it your self: if you don't install the display driver included in Driver package your monitor will run in osx and your graphic is detected also!

Lets do what i've done to detect your graphic card!

1- fresh install of 10.6.3

2- install updates of 1.6.4 & 10.6.5 & 10.6.6 (i did it seperate becuase i had them seperate)

3- install Chameleon v2.RC5 r700 and and add DSDT (mine is attached)

4- boot with -GraphicsEnabler=Yes (you should see your monitor working and graphics model is detected, here the right amount of ram was not detected currectly for me so...)

5- edit DSDT and add my Graphic Info (such as NVCap) you can get this from ioreg

6- Your Graphic have the currect amount of ram and ....

here you can see there is no Graphic Acc working in osx and installing the video driver and opengl driver in package dooes not do anything, but if you install the Display driver! the display goes dark in boot!

from what i see i can understand that the problem is with display driver

ioreg.txt

dsdt.zip

Have any one of you took a look at your NVidia control panel in windows? the display name is written "NVidia Default Flat Panel"!! as i told and you can see! nvidia is providing custume drivers for sony vaio f series and the display driver is included in this driver! you can try it your self: if you don't install the display driver included in Driver package your monitor will run in osx and your graphic is detected also! Lets do what i've done to detect your graphic card! 1- fresh install of 10.6.3 2- install updates of 1.6.4 & 10.6.5 & 10.6.6 (i did it seperate becuase i had them seperate) 3- install Chameleon v2.RC5 r700 and and add DSDT (mine is attached) 4- boot with -GraphicsEnabler=Yes (you should see your monitor working and graphics model is detected, here the right amount of ram was not detected currectly for me so...) 5- edit DSDT and add my Graphic Info (such as NVCap) you can get this from ioreg 6- Your Graphic have the currect amount of ram and .... here you can see there is no Graphic Acc working in osx and installing the video driver and opengl driver in package dooes not do anything, but if you install the Display driver! the display goes dark in boot! from what i see i can understand that the problem is with display driver

can you specified position of the driver how to remove if it is installed if windows works correctly after i m not sure about location ofwhat you called nvidia control panel in windows can you explain things better because when you don t speak english natively and you re noob you never be sure of wat to did exactly

other thing today and yesterday vista update connect to my computer but i haven t decide it (parameter of connection locked by me ) and installed 2 updates after my osx hdrive recognized with mac drive with a red apple icon were replaced by a spider hdrive icon anyone have an idea or

similar issue? i m running vista i m scanning now with spybot super antispyware and avast spybot see nothing

other thing:

is supression of the driver in windows give internal screen recognized in osx does it work with the driver nvidia mac ?

i ask this because i m running 10.5.2 and don t run 10.6

the things you ve said are not very clear to me :you say that the windows driver had influence on osx?

how do you patch your dsdt (from what file how to get it) i said it because my computer is different model than you

if you ve find a fix can you do a tutorial for all users

the display name is written "NVidia Default Flat Panel"!! as i told and you can see! nvidia is providing custume drivers for sony vaio f series and the display driver is included in this driver!

driver from where (sony or nvidia)

how to extract from package

download link of the package or page link

can you specified position of the driver how to remove if it is installed if windows works correctly after i m not sure about location ofwhat you called nvidia control panel in windows can you explain things better because when you don t speak english natively and you re noob you never be sure of wat to did exactly other thing today and yesterday vista update connect to my computer but i haven t decide it (parameter of connection locked by me ) and installed 2 updates after my osx hdrive recognized with mac drive with a red apple icon were replaced by a spider hdrive icon anyone have an idea or similar issue? i m running vista i m scanning now with spybot super antispyware and avast spybot see nothing other thing: is supression of the driver in windows give internal screen recognized in osx does it work with the driver nvidia mac ? i ask this because i m running 10.5.2 and don t run 10.6 the things you ve said are not very clear to me :you say that the windows driver had influence on osx? how do you patch your dsdt (from what file how to get it) i said it because my computer is different model than you if you ve find a fix can you do a tutorial for all users the display name is written "NVidia Default Flat Panel"!! as i told and you can see! nvidia is providing custume drivers for sony vaio f series and the display driver is included in this driver! driver from where (sony or nvidia) how to extract from package download link of the package or page link

what i don t understand is recently i get crash of my twice system (vista and 10.5.2)

so i was using osx without windows installed but i havent internal screen detected in osx with driver so do we need to use basic nvidia driver instead of sony nvidia driver

or reinstalled all the system

and about the recovery partition she must contain the nvidia driver too ?

please more explain and more results

can you specified position of the driver how to remove if it is installed if windows works correctly after i m not sure about location ofwhat you called nvidia control panel in windows can you explain things better because when you don t speak english natively and you re noob you never be sure of wat to did exactly other thing today and yesterday vista update connect to my computer but i haven t decide it (parameter of connection locked by me ) and installed 2 updates after my osx hdrive recognized with mac drive with a red apple icon were replaced by a spider hdrive icon anyone have an idea or similar issue? i m running vista i m scanning now with spybot super antispyware and avast spybot see nothing other thing: is supression of the driver in windows give internal screen recognized in osx does it work with the driver nvidia mac ? i ask this because i m running 10.5.2 and don t run 10.6 the things you ve said are not very clear to me :you say that the windows driver had influence on osx? how do you patch your dsdt (from what file how to get it) i said it because my computer is different model than you if you ve find a fix can you do a tutorial for all users the display name is written "NVidia Default Flat Panel"!! as i told and you can see! nvidia is providing custume drivers for sony vaio f series and the display driver is included in this driver! driver from where (sony or nvidia) how to extract from package download link of the package or page link what i don t understand is recently i get crash of my twice system (vista and 10.5.2) so i was using osx without windows installed but i havent internal screen detected in osx with driver so do we need to use basic nvidia driver instead of sony nvidia driver or reinstalled all the system and about the recovery partition she must contain the nvidia driver too ? please more explain and more results
http://code.google.com/p/vaio-f11-linux/wiki/NVIDIASetup

can you specified position of the driver how to remove if it is installed if windows works correctly after i m not sure about location ofwhat you called nvidia control panel in windows can you explain things better because when you don t speak english natively and you re noob you never be sure of wat to did exactly

other thing today and yesterday vista update connect to my computer but i haven t decide it (parameter of connection locked by me ) and installed 2 updates after my osx hdrive recognized with mac drive with a red apple icon were replaced by a spider hdrive icon anyone have an idea or

similar issue? i m running vista i m scanning now with spybot super antispyware and avast spybot see nothing

other thing:

is supression of the driver in windows give internal screen recognized in osx does it work with the driver nvidia mac ?

i ask this because i m running 10.5.2 and don t run 10.6

the things you ve said are not very clear to me :you say that the windows driver had influence on osx?

how do you patch your dsdt (from what file how to get it) i said it because my computer is different model than you

if you ve find a fix can you do a tutorial for all users

driver from where (sony or nvidia)

how to extract from package

download link of the package or page link

what i don t understand is recently i get crash of my twice system (vista and 10.5.2)

so i was using osx without windows installed but i havent internal screen detected in osx with driver so do we need to use basic nvidia driver instead of sony nvidia driver

or reinstalled all the system

and about the recovery partition she must contain the nvidia driver too ?

please more explain and more results

http://code.google.com/p/vaio-f11-linux/wiki/NVIDIASetup

i tried to write as good as i could! my IBT mark was 105 so i thought my Eng isn't this bad!!

you can extract packages from official NVidia driver avilable in www.kexts.com or here (you simply R-Click on it and veiw the content inside)

i don't had ever any similar problem with the hard drives you've mentioned! i don't know you'de better use a better anti-virus or use registry fixers like auslogic! it seems your windwos registry or settings are damaged by a virus and i don't know what is exactly damaged. (microsoft also offers a fix it app, you may use it!)

what you do in windows can not influence any thing in osx, such as things like driver or monitor! what i tried to say is that vaio drivers are costume made. you can not use a generic driver like other sub-vendors! you should use a unique driver.

you may use DSDT auto patcher thread to patch your own DSDT and add your customized data in it. (have you ttried minei think it might work for you if you only change the Graphic info!!)

i didn't understand your last paragraph! here is what i can answer: sony does NOT provide any driver for any other OSs that are shipped with the Product so there is no driver for OSX or Linux or other OSs by SONY officially. we are using drivers which are provided by nvidia for Mac Book Pro. and Tonyx86 had edited some of them to work with new fermi GPUs. if you need any driver you have the link in above!

the recovery partition has all drivers in it but you need vaio care software to install the driver or software you want. you can not use this feature if you can not run vaio care software in windows.

you have to search the drive yourself looking if you can find and install driver.

as my recent installation of UBUNTU 10.10 i did not had any any problem with display. i regulary installed the NVidia driver. so i did not used any EDID methods to detect the display.

i don't know if my way of ONLY detecting the graphic card without going down monitor is generic so i will let people test it first and if it was successfull i may make a tutorial! :huh:

hi

I'm so sorry ; I didn'nt mean that you don't speak well in English.

It's the contrary:I do have a my bad english and I wanted to have more details about your method

i ve a big project to finish quickly to be able to try your way because using fcp but only in 10.5.2 and difficult to install because don t know why the install screw ed when i did change in my config and after need to format to reinstall this bulls"#####"t

for the spider i ve tried some scan and they disapear i hope it was some quarantine mode don t know it was fixed buy itself....

the noob is me:

what i ve said is i don t understand if you talk about a display driver to remove from windows or from the new kexts you ve mentioned=

""the display name is written "NVidia Default Flat Panel"!! as i told and you can see! nvidia is providing custume drivers for sony vaio f series and the display driver is included in this driver!

you can try it your self: if you don't install the display driver included in Driver package your monitor will run in osx and your graphic is detected also! ""

so i m really interrested in your advancement

but actually autopatcher didnt performed well for me (it crashes at launch)

and i didn t see a nvcap in ioreg

i don t think i can use you r dsdt because i don t get alc 275 but 262+2 other cards

my card is 8600 m gt512

i ve tried to make my edid patched in dsdt by madlon like you but don t know why he doesn t

he just patch me sound but for 10.6 so didn t work now in10.5

i ve post you the dsdt he patched to me with sound but no edid +different issue of ioreg +edid softmcss+info from web about config

do you think you can you can patch my edid to dsdt if you can big thanks i really want to try you method

Again I'm sorry for the languages issues!..and thank you for your reply

ioreg_jlvaio_before_and_after.rar

ioreg_dump_from_atmonitor_with_display_vendor_idgenabler_no_vesa_mode.zip

dsdt.jlvaio.zip

send_me.zip

hi

I'm so sorry ; I didn'nt mean that you don't speak well in English.

It's the contrary:I do have a my bad english and I wanted to have more details about your method

i ve a big project to finish quickly to be able to try your way because using fcp but only in 10.5.2 and difficult to install because don t know why the install screw ed when i did change in my config and after need to format to reinstall this bulls"#####"t

for the spider i ve tried some scan and they disapear i hope it was some quarantine mode don t know it was fixed buy itself....

the noob is me:

what i ve said is i don t understand if you talk about a display driver to remove from windows or from the new kexts you ve mentioned=

""the display name is written "NVidia Default Flat Panel"!! as i told and you can see! nvidia is providing custume drivers for sony vaio f series and the display driver is included in this driver!

you can try it your self: if you don't install the display driver included in Driver package your monitor will run in osx and your graphic is detected also! ""

so i m really interrested in your advancement

but actually autopatcher didnt performed well for me (it crashes at launch)

and i didn t see a nvcap in ioreg

i don t think i can use you r dsdt because i don t get alc 275 but 262+2 other cards

my card is 8600 m gt512

i ve tried to make my edid patched in dsdt by madlon like you but don t know why he doesn t

he just patch me sound but for 10.6 so didn t work now in10.5

i ve post you the dsdt he patched to me with sound but no edid +different issue of ioreg +edid softmcss+info from web about config

do you think you can you can patch my edid to dsdt if you can big thanks i really want to try you method

Again I'm sorry for the languages issues!..and thank you for your reply

i thought you are using vaio f series!!

i don't know about your DSDT crash issue but i guess it refers to the problem of osx version!i don't know if the auto-patcher is working right for every-version of OSX! and it might be also becuase of wrong dump of DSDT from your system so it have provided the wong DSDT for patch and system crashes when loading DSDT!

the Driver thing i told is only about the VAIO F series and i don't thing your vaio have the same issue! as i read from NVidia only VAIO F series with 310M, 330M, 335M, 425M have drivers different than other sub-vendors! (VAIO have different product ID and spec)

honestly i can not patch any DSDT for you! i appreciate if accepting my apologize for this!

i thought you are using vaio f series!! i don't know about your DSDT crash issue but i guess it refers to the problem of osx version!i don't know if the auto-patcher is working right for every-version of OSX! and it might be also becuase of wrong dump of DSDT from your system so it have provided the wong DSDT for patch and system crashes when loading DSDT! the Driver thing i told is only about the VAIO F series and i don't thing your vaio have the same issue! as i read from NVidia only VAIO F series with 310M, 330M, 335M, 425M have drivers different than other sub-vendors! (VAIO have different product ID and spec) honestly i can not patch any DSDT for you! i appreciate if accepting my apologize for this!

my model had the same install disc than vao f11 but a 8600 m gt but if you can indicate what is the name of the display driver you mentionned on installer i could look onto other nvidia driver to delete it and give a try if you can indicate too how to patch edid or how is it done on your dsdt or abefore after of your dsdt i could maybe give a try

best regards

my model had the same install disc than vao f11 but a 8600 m gt but if you can indicate what is the name of the display driver you mentionned on installer i could look onto other nvidia driver to delete it and give a try if you can indicate too how to patch edid or how is it done on your dsdt or abefore after of your dsdt i could maybe give a try best regards [/quote

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/86678-s...-7-drivers.html

my model had the same install disc than vao f11 but a 8600 m gt but if you can indicate what is the name of the display driver you mentionned on installer i could look onto other nvidia driver to delete it and give a try if you can indicate too how to patch edid or how is it done on your dsdt or abefore after of your dsdt i could maybe give a try

best regards

there are three files in this address:

NVIDIA Retail Mac Driver 256.01.00f03.mpkg -> Contents -> Packages:

Video Driver.Pkg

OpenGL Driver.pkg

Display Driver.pkg

you should NOT install Display driver in your mac if you want to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and internal LCD working!

i had installed it and monitor gone off in next rebootso i used time machine to restore the osx

another important thing i always forget to mantion in earlier posts s that i am not using any EDID injection!

i had tried it before and it did not worked!

AlexanderPD, are you sure that your Corei7 isn't detected correctly? Can you upload your dmesg and bdmesg logs to rapidshare? What does the activity monitor say if you click at the cpu meter below? Does a window with 8 graphs appear then?

The values displayed in the system profiler are lot of cosmetic. They depend on your smbios.plist inside extra dir of chameleon boot partition. If there is a macpro smbios thats the reason. But it's just cosmetic. The system does not think it's an xeon. Confirm this..

Here is a HOWTO smbios: howto configure smbis.plist (I never configred it correctly, because the system runs with it)

ok sorry that was a problem from iATKOS, it blacklist the kext required for my Corei3. I reinstalled with Snow Hazard 1.6.6i and all gone perfect, now osX correctly detect both Corei3 and nVidia 330m :)

With GraphicsEnabler=Yes i'm at the well-know state of only external lcd working

With GraphicsEnabler=No i can see the internal lcd (and ONLY the internal) at 1024x768.. copy-pasted the ioreg report:

| | | +-o IOPCI2PCIBridge <class IOPCI2PCIBridge, id 0x10000024e, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3222 ms), retain 9>

| | | +-o NGFX@0 <class IOPCIDevice, id 0x100000207, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3217 ms), retain 14>

| | | | +-o .Display_boot <class IONDRVFramebuffer, id 0x1000002ec, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (998 ms), retain 13>

| | | | | +-o AppleMCCSControlModule <class AppleMCCSControlModule, id 0x10000033a, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3 ms), reta$

| | | | | | +-o AppleMCCSParameterHandler <class AppleMCCSParameterHandler, id 0x10000033c, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 m$

| | | | | +-o AppleUpstreamUserClientDriver <class AppleUpstreamUserClientDriver, id 0x10000033b, registered, matched, active, busy $

| | | | | +-o AGPM <class AGPM, id 0x10000038e, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (60 ms), retain 8>

| | | | | | +-o gpu-control <class IOService, id 0x10000038f, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (58 ms), retain 6>

| | | | | | +-o IOHWControl <class IOHWControl, id 0x1000003ad, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 7>

| | | | | +-o display0 <class IODisplayConnect, id 0x1000003a5, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (4 ms), retain 5>

| | | | | | +-o AppleDisplay <class AppleDisplay, id 0x1000003a7, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 6>

| | | | | +-o IOFramebufferUserClient <class IOFramebufferUserClient, id 0x1000003aa, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain $

| | | | +-o NVKernel <class NVKernel, id 0x1000002ed, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (8 ms), retain 4>

| | | +-o GENM@0,1 <class IOPCIDevice, id 0x100000211, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1904 ms), retain 8>

While with Graphics Enabler = Yes this is the result

| | | +-o IOPCI2PCIBridge <class IOPCI2PCIBridge, id 0x10000026e, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3292 ms), retain 9>

| | | +-o NGFX@0 <class IOPCIDevice, id 0x100000207, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3291 ms), retain 19>

| | | | +-o NVDA,Display-A@0 <class IONDRVDevice, id 0x100000309, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (802 ms), retain 10>

| | | | | +-o NVDA <class NVDA, id 0x10000030b, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (799 ms), retain 13>

| | | | | +-o AppleMCCSControlModule <class AppleMCCSControlModule, id 0x100000346, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), retain 5>

| | | | | | +-o AppleMCCSParameterHandler <class AppleMCCSParameterHandler, id 0x100000348, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 4>

| | | | | +-o AppleUpstreamUserClientDriver <class AppleUpstreamUserClientDriver, id 0x100000347, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 5>

| | | | | | +-o AppleUpstreamUserClient <class AppleUpstreamUserClient, id 0x10000be76, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | | +-o AGPM <class AGPM, id 0x10000039b, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5 ms), retain 8>

| | | | | | +-o gpu-control <class IOService, id 0x10000039c, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3 ms), retain 6>

| | | | | | +-o IOHWControl <class IOHWControl, id 0x1000003bb, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 7>

| | | | | +-o gpu-sensor <class IOService, id 0x1000003b2, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (49 ms), retain 6>

| | | | | | +-o IOHWSensor <class IOHWSensor, id 0x1000003b3, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 7>

| | | | | +-o IOFramebufferI2CInterface <class IOFramebufferI2CInterface, id 0x1000003b4, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3 ms), retain 5>

| | | | | +-o IOFramebufferUserClient <class IOFramebufferUserClient, id 0x1000003bc, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o NVDA,Display-B@1 <class IONDRVDevice, id 0x10000030a, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (10 ms), retain 8>

| | | | | +-o NVDA <class NVDA, id 0x100000349, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (8 ms), retain 14>

| | | | | +-o AppleMCCSControlModule <class AppleMCCSControlModule, id 0x10000034c, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), retain 5>

| | | | | | +-o AppleMCCSParameterHandler <class AppleMCCSParameterHandler, id 0x10000034e, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 4>

| | | | | +-o AppleUpstreamUserClientDriver <class AppleUpstreamUserClientDriver, id 0x10000034d, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 5>

| | | | | | +-o AppleUpstreamUserClient <class AppleUpstreamUserClient, id 0x10000be77, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | | +-o IOFramebufferI2CInterface <class IOFramebufferI2CInterface, id 0x1000003b5, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 5>

| | | | | +-o display0 <class IODisplayConnect, id 0x1000003b6, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), retain 5>

| | | | | | +-o AppleDisplay <class AppleDisplay, id 0x1000003b8, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 7>

| | | | | +-o IOFramebufferUserClient <class IOFramebufferUserClient, id 0x1000003be, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | | +-o IOFramebufferSharedUserClient <class IOFramebufferSharedUserClient, id 0x10000c0c9, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o NVKernel <class NVKernel, id 0x100000307, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (9 ms), retain 21>

| | | | +-o NV2DContext <class NV2DContext, id 0x1000003bd, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o NV2DContext <class NV2DContext, id 0x1000003bf, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvDevice <class nvDevice, id 0x1000003c4, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvTeslaGLContext <class nvTeslaGLContext, id 0x1000003c5, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvTeslaSurface <class nvTeslaSurface, id 0x1000003ee, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvTeslaSurface <class nvTeslaSurface, id 0x1000003ef, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvTeslaGLContext <class nvTeslaGLContext, id 0x1000003f0, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvTeslaSurface <class nvTeslaSurface, id 0x100000405, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvDevice <class nvDevice, id 0x1000052e5, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvTeslaGLContext <class nvTeslaGLContext, id 0x1000052e6, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvTeslaGLContext <class nvTeslaGLContext, id 0x1000052e7, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvTeslaSurface <class nvTeslaSurface, id 0x10000a78d, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvDevice <class nvDevice, id 0x10000a78e, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvTeslaGLContext <class nvTeslaGLContext, id 0x10000a78f, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvTeslaGLContext <class nvTeslaGLContext, id 0x10000bb6b, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvTeslaSurface <class nvTeslaSurface, id 0x10000bb6d, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | | +-o nvTeslaSurface <class nvTeslaSurface, id 0x10000be20, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | +-o GENM@0,1 <class IOPCIDevice, id 0x100000211, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1473 ms), retain 7>

Man, this make me really angry, the display is here ffs :/

The internal display is:

display0 <class IODisplayConnect, id 0x1000003a5, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (4 ms), retain 5

the external:

display0 <class IODisplayConnect, id 0x1000003b6, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), retain 5

why we don't have a single way to make that f****ng id 0x1000003a5 detectable from the driver?

i'm googling but i can't find a single way to "tweak" the nvidia driver or simply to "manage the screen" from osX, man this OS is soooo closed.

Btw.. in IOGraphicsFamily, in the IODisplayWrangler.cpp i found this:

bool IODisplayWrangler::makeDisplayConnects( IOFramebuffer * fb )
{
IODisplayConnect *  connect;
IOItemCount		 i;

for (i = 0; i < 1 /*fb->getConnectionCount()*/; i++)
{
	connect = new IODisplayConnect;
	if (0 == connect)
		continue;

if ((connect->initWithConnection(i))
			&& (connect->attach(fb)))
	{
		connect->registerService( kIOServiceSynchronous );
	}
	connect->release();
}

return (true);
}

the odd thing is in the for (i = 0; i < 1 /*fb->getConnectionCount()*/; i++), seems like for each framebuffer can be assigned 1 single display, the for cycle runs just once.

In the last valid theory Funky Frank supposed that our framebuffer was assigned to an "non existing intel hd graphics" witch exists in macbook pro, so i think i can try the connection to all the device connected to that framebuffer.. hoping this is all right.

So i removed the 1 and used fb->getConnectionCount(); and compiled a new IOGraphicsFamily.kext.

Whats the problem? Compile that kext was a real pain in the ***, i wasted hours. After compiling my kext was about 400kb while the original is about 600kb. "Weird" i said, but i installed anyway and restarted with verbose.

Well, my kext was incomplete but the os can boot.. yeah the os.. not the graphical Interface. I can hear the sounds of the os but i'm still at the verbose screen full of missing dependences from ioGraphicsFamily :/

So.. i raged and said "stop to this {censored}".

I hope this can be useful for someone more patient, i really can't go any further.

This is just the sorta thing I was hoping to hear about! any idea what dependencies are required to compile that driver? I might just have to look into this one.

To compile that IOGraphicsFamily i used the guide on this thread, second post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...190586-650.html

Remember, IOHibernatePrivate.h for 10.6.6 is different from the one used in that guide, this is the right one:

http://opensource.apple.com/source/xnu/xnu...ernatePrivate.h

If someone have time to waste i attach my IOGraphicsFamily.. BUT REMEMBER THAT YOU'LL HAVE KERNEL PANIC USING THIS!!! I'm attaching only because using verbose mode we can see what dependencies are missing!! ;) Don't blame me if osX become unusable! :D

Last but not the least.. i used IOGraphics 383.1

IOGraphicsFamily.kext_TEST_USE_ONLY.rar

AlexanderPD: I believe patching the IOGraphicsFamily is the right way!

Keep up this good and painful work!

Maybe you can add a working source code if your results are satisfiing....

Btw. the theory about the vga switch policy seems wrong. A bios expert looked into my smbios dump of vaio f11: There is no option that is called "vga switching policy"... What doesn't mean it's not related anymore to the dual screen-missing intel-problem. I think my guess sounds logical.

If you can figure out what exactly causes the internal screen to stay deactived. The graphics driver is running, gt330m is detected. Only the first screen device is not added.

this is getting really troublesome >_>

ok we need to discover once again the real reason behind the "no main lcd".

We know that is NOT something related to a "secret bios option"

I noticed that osX can see 2 Geforce on PCI devices list, one is the GPU the other is the audio out on hdmi. My tough was the display-A was assigned to audio HDMI and B to gpu, so i tried to disable audio on HDMI. I removed all the references to audio HDMI in dsdt and successfully disabled, but osX still don't get on main lcd.

So i tried to force the swap between Display-A and Display-B, but:

- with GraphicsEnabler = Yes osX crashes on startup, freeze and die

- with GraphicsEnabler = No osx works only on the external monitor calling it display-A

Then i forced EDID, grabbing it from windows and forcing on display-A.

Still no success.

I even overwrited the default configuration on main lcd (visible only with graphicsEnabler=No editing the file in System\Library\Displays\Overrides\DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e) with correct edid, correct displayProductID, correct DisplayVendorID.

Once again, no success.

What's odd in all this story: on DSDT we have 2 references to our graphics card, on PEGP and PEG3. I don't know how it must be in a normal situation, but i can't understand why we have a duplicate (i already tried swapping them by swapping theyre address in DSDT, no difference at all, only the PEGP string trasformed in PEG3).

I don't think we can get somewhere patching IOGraphicsFamily because the kext was assigned to the framebuffer by "someone else", someone who manage framebuffers and video out.

Forcing EDID in both display-A and default display (the override in system/library/blabla) made osX with GraphicsEnabler=No see a "Nvidia default flat panel", so the EDID is correctly forced.

.. now what? Our friend with linux solved this forcing EDID and the connection with lcd, we need to force the connection too!

How to do in linux: Add the following two lines to the "Device" section of your xorg.conf:

Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-0"

Option "CustomEDID" "DFP-0: /proc/acpi/video/NGFX/LCD/EDID"

we need to force that first thing, maybe with DSDT editing. I really don't know how to do (this is my FIRST hackintosh, and i'm losing months on it).

I remember that the /proc directory does not really exist in unix, it's a "virtual directory" that display info on the hardware, like the EDID.

ps: is my EDID the same for all the vaio F series users?: 00FFFFFF FFFFFF00 367F2500 00000000 2D0C0104 90241400 EAA8E099 574B9225 1C505400 00000101 01010101 01010101 01010101 01014038 80B47038 40403C3C 550068C8 10000018 40388080 7138AA40 80808800 68C81000 00180000 00FC004E 76696469 61204465 6661756C 000000FC 00742046 6C617420 50616E65 6C00001F