• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
alvin777

If You're Applying for a Credit Card, How Do You Show Proof of Income If You're a Freelancer?

2 posts in this topic

Hi. If you're applying at your bank and you want everything under your bank who require proof of income like the COE, ITR or payslip. With the emergence of the internet there are more freelancers earning from the internet who are self-employed but do not have a company nor are they employed at a company who need a card to help them out with earning through the internet or other freelance means (home computer repair for example).

But what if you're applying for a credit card, as a freelancer how do you show proof of income that is guaranteed be honored by the bank?

Gbu,

Alvin

Hi. If you're applying at your bank and you want everything under your bank who require proof of income like the COE, ITR or payslip. With the emergence of the internet there are more freelancers earning from the internet who are self-employed but do not have a company nor are they employed at a company who need a card to help them out with earning through the internet or other freelance means (home computer repair for example).

But what if you're applying for a credit card, as a freelancer how do you show proof of income that is guaranteed be honored by the bank?

Gbu,

Alvin

FreelanceSwitch has a great article on this: http://freelanceswitch.com/freelancing-ess...elance-problem/

The best way really is to keep all your records. Make sure to write detailed invoices and contracts and keep track of your bank statements.

Your bank statement and tax returns will be your go-to proof of insurance. I've heard for apartments and such (maybe not credit cards, but cant hurt to try) a contract with a client who makes recurring payments may also work.

I don't do a lot of projects at once (I've moved into more expensive projects, but not as many), so I use InvoiceMachine (the free version lets you send 3 invoices per month) to do my invoicing and Mint to keep track of my expenses. FreshBooks, Ronin, and Ballpark are more robust if you handle a higher volume of clients.

I went through about a six month period where I had to transition into supporting myself solely with freelance work after getting laid off (I'm a web designer). I'm was part time since I'm still in college, but I still had to deal with losing $1200/month income. Freelance Switch is pretty much my best friend.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Hello Mald0n:

Nice to meet you, I have created a post about my problem on High Sierra before and I was redirected to this guide by Allan.

As mentioned in the post, I was not able to get pass the login screen at initial boot and the system could not shutdown occasionally.

However I solve the high temperature problem when I replace the clover folder you provide on first post, currently the cpu temperature is around 5x-6x'c after 10 mins up time.

Attached is the clover folder, ioreg as well as the send me app, thanks for your help!

p.s. I notice that your clover boot efi is a old traditional grey apple boot logo, Is there a version of modern dark and white logo one that I could replace with? Thank you!

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/333867-cant-get-pass-2nd-stage-boot-logo-on-initial-boot-and-high-temperature/    
    •   Still garbled sound in earphone. The speaker is loud as previous. louder than 2.9.1   
    • Up for https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/wiki,
    • Has anyone had success/failure with using UPnP working with this Intel Network? I have a onboard Intel I219V2, that is working quite well, except I can't make UPnP work.  It works fine for other devices on my network, and my previous mac Mini.   In fact, I've not been able to get forwarded ports working even if I do them manually.   Any help or pointers towards where to look would be greatly appreciated.     (High Sierra, i7-8700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G)
    • Hi,  the resoldering complete socket would kill the board totally in couple month (as the guys from super-duper repair shop told me). It's all because of gygabite layered silicon grade. The layers are so thin, that they give 90% chance, that board would work correctly only a couple month until it would die. Even with IR equipment they have, gygabite silicon starting to get micro-bubbly 10-20 C before target desoldering temperature. So they not recommending to do it with this particular z97 lineup.   About pins - they are corrected with a microscope and skilled technician. As they broke right near the start, I won't be able to do it with looking glass I have). He did it quite good, visible that they were repaired, but esthetically looking super good.    As for build and Oz in it.  Current configuration is: Xeon e3 1245v3 CPU Z97hd3 Mobo Msi gtx 1050ti gaming X GF 1) Before pins problem, after I flash anything infused with Oz - it won't work with the graphics card installed. If I pull it out, flash, get bios setting right, boot and reset NVRAM (or clear CMOS, bios setting, NVRAM) than install graphics card - it freezes every boot.   2) If I press the CPU cooler a little bid, just give it a solid push - it kinda boots without a freeze, but not correctly. Bios go flickery.  3) After I pushed CPU couple times, I started to get random BSODS on windows, so I tested RAM. One dim would give me errors. I don't know, is this went after pushed a bid CPU cooler, or it was like that, but using totally different ram would give same freezes with OZ.  4) Tomorrow I would go again to this repair shop, they would try to perform another round of magic tricks. As this mobo work correctly (fully) with windows 10 - they not recommending it for full socket resolder. damaged pins were reserved. Maybe OZ uses them after all, but they were repaired. It's all looking magic, but there is no magic. If swapping not XEON CPU won't help it (but I saw builds with OZ and XEON), then I would search for another board or platform.